Bygghemma Group acquires LampGallerian.se
Bygghemma Group (“Bygghemma”) announced today that it has acquired LampGallerian.se, a leading webstore in Sweden for indoor and outdoor lighting. The acquisition further strengthens Bygghemma Group’s position as the largest online retailer in home furnishings and furniture in the Nordic region.
Martin Edblad, acting President and CEO of Bygghemma Group, commented: “We are very pleased and proud that we through the acquisition of LampGallerian.se further strengthen our position in the quickly growing market for home interior furnishings and furniture in the Nordic region. Through the acquisition of LampGallerian.se, we have secured a specialist with a leading assortment that has developed an impressive, robust position in its niche during the last few years.”
LampGallerian.se had sales of over SEK 40 million in 2018 and an operating income (EBIT) of approximately SEK 4 million. The company will be consolidated in Bygghemma Group’s Home Furnishing segment. Bygghemma has acquired 51 percent of the shares in the company, with the option to acquire the remaining 49 percent within three to four years.
Kenth Croona, CEO and founder of LampGallerian.se, commented: “We are very pleased to have become a part of Bygghemma Group. This is a major opportunity to accelerate our development and growth, both by further increasing our leading assortment and through geographic expansion based on Bygghemma Group’s Nordic platform.”
Bygghemma Group will continue to operate LampGallerian.se as an independent entity. Kenth Croona will remain as CEO and operations will be conducted and expanded from Växjö.
For more information, please contact:
Martin Edblad, acting President and CEO of Bygghemma Group
Telephone: +46 (0)73 424 68 51
Johan Hähnel, Head of Investor Relations
Tel: +46 (0)70 605 63 34
This information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 16:20 p.m. CEST on 10 May 2019.
About Bygghemma Group
Bygghemma Group is the leading online supplier of home improvement products in the Nordic region. We offer our customers a broad product range at attractive prices, with convenient home delivery. We conduct operations in two segments: DIY and Home Furnishing. DIY comprises sales of products from well-known brands for homes and gardens, and Home Furnishing comprises sales of furniture and home decor, mainly under proprietary brands. Bygghemma Group includes a wide range of webstores, such as Bygghemma, Trademax, Chilli and Furniturebox. Bygghemma Group had sales of approximately SEK 5 billion in 2018, has its head office in Malmö and is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm Mid Cap.