Interim report: 1 January-31 March 2021
- Strong organic development and a continued high acquisition rate
- Net sales increased 57.7% to SEK 2,567.8 million (1,628.4). Organic growth was 36.5%
- Gross profit increased 66.3% to SEK 699.3 million (420.5), with a gross margin of 27.2% (25.8)
- Adjusted EBIT amounted to SEK 183.7 million (80.0), corresponding to an adjusted EBIT margin of 7.2% (4.9)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 168.6 million (69.2), corresponding to an operating margin of 6.6% (4.2)
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 119.5 million (147.9)
- Net profit for the period amounted to SEK 115.3 million (46.2), an increase of 149.4% on the prior year
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.97 (0.43) before dilution and SEK 0.96 (0.43) after dilution
Key events during and after the period
- A directed share issue was completed on 3 February, generating proceeds of SEK 1.6 billion for BHG Group
- Acquisition of:
- 51% of IP Agency, a leading online company specialising in leisure products (announced on 5 February). The acquisition further strengthened BHG’s share of proprietary brands
- 100% of Svenssons i Lammhult through the subsidiary Nordic Nest (announced on 19 March and conditional upon the approval of Swedish competition authorities). The acquisition strengthened Nordic Nest’s position in premium brands
- 94% of Hafa Bathroom Group (announced on 6 April and conditional upon the approval of Swedish competition authorities). The acquisition further strengthened BHG’s leading position in the bathroom segment and expanded its portfolio of proprietary brands
- On 4 March, it was announced that Maria Morin would assume the newly established position of Head of HR, Communications and ESG and become part of BHG Group’s management team
This information is information that BHG Group AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out below, at 7:00 a.m. CEST on 27 April 2021.
For further information, visit www.wearebhg.com or contact:
Adam Schatz, President and CEO
Jesper Flemme, CFO
CONFERENCE CALL IN CONNECTION WITH PUBLICATION OF THE QUARTERLY REPORT
Adam Schatz, President and CEO, and Jesper Flemme, CFO, will hold a conference call at 10:00 a.m. CEST on Tuesday 27 April in connection with the publication of the quarterly report. The call will be held in English. To participate, please call
+46 (0)8 5055 8350 or visit https://tv.streamfabriken.com/bhg-q1-2021.
The presentation is available from the Group’s website: https://www.wearebhg.com/investors/presentations/
QUARTERLY REPORTS ON WWW.WEAREBHG.COM
The full report for the period January-March 2021 and previous quarterly and year-end reports are available at https://www.wearebhg.com/investors/financial-reports/
BHG is the number 1 consumer e-commerce company in the Nordics. In addition to our Nordic operations, we also have a significant presence in the rest of Europe, as well as in selected markets outside of Europe. Our strong position in these markets makes us the largest European online pure-play within the Home Improvement space, meaning Do-It-Yourself and Home Furnishings. With an ecosystem of online stores, supported by physical destinations and services, such as last-mile deliveries and installation, we offer the market’s leading range of well-known external and strong own brands, totalling close to 1 million unique products and encompassing a complete offering within DIY, leisure, furniture and furnishings.
The Group includes over 100 online sites – including sites like www.bygghemma.se, www.trademax.se, www.chilli.se, www.furniturebox.se and www.nordicnest.se – and over 70 showrooms. We are headquartered in Malmö, Sweden, with operations throughout Europe. Our share is traded on Nasdaq Stockholm, under the ticker “BHG.”
The BHG brands employ more than 2,000 people, working every day to create the ultimate online shopping experience by combining an unbeatable product range with smart technology, leading product expertise and a broad range of services.