Camanio Care publishes interim report January - March 2018
The complete interim report is available as a pdf-file on our website www.camanio.com and is also attached to this press message.
Figures in parentheses refer to the corresponding period during the previous year, unless otherwise is stated.
1 JANUARY – 31 MARCH 2018
- Total Revenue for the period amounted to kSEK 3 007 (1 758 )
- Net sales for the period amounted to kSEK 2 461 (1 669 )
- Operating profit/loss was kSEK -3 746 (-4 006)
- Profit/loss after financial items was kSEK -3 834 (-4 034 tkr)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.24 (-0.39)
- Equity in the Group as at 31 March amounted to kSEK 12,525 (31 Dec 2017: kSEK 15,769)
- Cash and cash equivalents in the Group as at 31 March amounted to kSEK 3 082 (31 Dec 2017: kSEK 5,093). Liquidity amounted to 66% (31 Dec 2017: 99%)
- The equity/assets ratio was 56% (31 Dec 2017: 61%)
- The number of shares at the end of the period was 15,918,391 (31 Dec 2017: 15,565,451).
Significant events during the first quarter
- 12 January | Trading in warrants TO1 2017/2020 commences in January 16, 2018
- 23 January | Change in number of shares in Camanio Care AB (publ)
- 2 February | Camanio Care Receives Giraff order from Hörby Municipality
- 7 February | Camanio Care signs new Distribution agreement in Canada
- 12 February | Change in number of shares in Camanio Care AB (publ)
- 22 February | Camanio Care member in standardization committee for robotics
- 27 March |Camanio Care sign LoI for strategic acquisition within IOT-solutions for digital care services
Significant events after the end of the period
- 4 April | Camanio Care and BikeAround noted in American and Canadian media
- 9 April | Camanio Care participates in research project to improve robotics within elderly health care
- 10 April | Camanio Care participates at ”Aktiespararnas Kvinnokväll”
- 18 April | Change in number of shares in Camanio Care AB (publ)
- 18 April | Bestic patent granted in China
- 20 April | Swecare awards Camanio Care the Rising Star Award 2018
- 23 April | Johanna Rastad is elected new board member by Camanio Care AB (publ)
A Word from the CEO
2018 got off to a flying start! January was a very intense month for us with many exhibitions. It’s always great to start out the new year by meeting our customers - both old and new. These meetings resulted for instance in a new agreement with Hörby municipality in Skåne who decided to invest in our new product Giraff. They are really eager to get going with their work to implement welfare technology and thereby improve the quality of life for the municipality’s inhabitants. We have had training-courses together with the staff as well as informational meetings with the municipality. The Giraffs are now ready to be introduced. Very exciting!
The media reporting in North America has continued to be intensive, both in the US and in Canada. The Canadian market is very interesting to Camanio Care on an international level. The Canadian and the Swedish health-care systems have several similarities by sharing the joint vision of offering public health care to all citizens. However, Canada out-perform most countries in terms of costs, and they invest as much as 11,5% of their BNP in health care. Canada and Sweden are facing the same challenge of an ageing population, and increasing costs within health care. Many of the Swedish solutions are therefore of great interest since our new technology, services and products can increase the efficiency and productivity, and at the same time decrease costs related to work and the re-registration of patients. Our new distributor in Ontario has been very active and several stories on BikeAround have been seen in Canadian media, both on national TV and in newspapers and on the radio.
During the first quarter of the year, Camanio participated in the Arab Health exhibition in Dubai. It is a very interesting exhibition which gathers more or less all actors within the area of health care. The Middle East is bubbling with energy, and there is a great interest for new innovative solutions within health care. We work hard to pursue all the contacts we established during the Arab Health.
In the middle of April, The State Intellectual Property Office in China informed that they have granted patent for the assistive eating device Bestic, which we are very pleased for. It feels safe to have the patent in order when we continue our work on the Chinese market.
At the end of March, we took an important step forward on our path towards increased growth. As an answer to Camanio Care’s long-term ambition to becoming a leading actor within welfare technology, the company has signed a Letter of Intent in order to acquire the company VITAL Integration. Together, VITAL Integration and Camanio Care AB have an opportunity to establish a central position on the growing market for Internet of Things (IoT) within digital care and health care. We look forward to completing this business deal and start working with municipal procurements within the area of digital care.
The whole team is also very happy and proud to have been awarded the prestigious prize Rising Star Award by Swecare! The motivation for the award was ”Camanio Care gives an excellent example of the strength of Swedish innovation and has all the possibilities of becoming a future success of Swedish export”! The prize was awarded in the presence of H M Queen Silvia. Read our press message here.
Sweden should be a great country in which to grow old. This is stated by the government who invest 350 MSEK in their spring budget, appropriated for new welfare technology for elderly during the current year, 2018! This is a fantastic initiative which can create improved opportunities for the municipalities to start working with implementation – and Camanio Care will be prepared with our full support!
Catharina Borgenstierna, CEO Camanio Care
For further information, please contact:
Catharina Borgenstierna, CEO
Telephone: +46 733-93 00 07
About Camanio Care
Camanio Care is a care tech company, developing services with the individual in focus. The company offers solutions within robotics, assistive devices, and gamification, with products such as BikeAround™, Bestic®, and Giraff™. Through three focus areas; Active Life, Mealtime and Digital Care, the company wishes to support people’s basic needs and increase the competence and quality within health care. Camanio Care has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden, a subsidiary in the U.S., as well as distributors in China, Australia and ten European countries.
Subscribe to our newsletter and/or read more about us, Camanio Care at: www.camanio.com.
Follow us on:
This information is information that Camanio Care is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, on May 15th, 2018.