Property experts highlight stable Gloucestershire market following Brexit result
The country’s property market is undoubtedly unsteady following the UK’s decision to leave the European Union. Many homeowners are worrying about the future of their investments as first-time buyers and investors are reluctant to buy a home in case prices drop dramatically. And this has caused house prices to slow down right around the country. However eMoov.co.uk, the award-winning hybrid estate agents, is highlighting Gloucestershire’s market strength as it remains steady following Brexit.
Despite house prices stalling since the somewhat unexpected Referendum result, Gloucestershire’s housing market remains relatively stable. Over the last three months, prices have increased by 0.25% - which may not sound like a lot, but those places that saw large hikes prior to the vote, such as London, have seen prices drop significantly over the last month.
Russell Quirk, Founder and CEO of eMoov, said, “Being in the Cotswold Hills, Gloucestershire is extremely sought-after, which may be part of the reason it has remained buoyant in the ever-changing property market. Once a quieter county, it is becoming increasingly popular with those wanting to move away from big cities in order to afford quality housing. Now attracting people of all ages and backgrounds, it is one of the most prosperous counties in the country.”
The county is also benefiting from house prices still being below the national average. House prices across the region are around £12,000 cheaper than the rest of the country, so aside from offering residents the best of both worlds – stunning countryside and a vibrant primary city, it also offers great value for money.
Quirk continues, “Although people are reluctant to make any property commitments, whether people are looking to sell or buy in the area, the figures are showing this could be as a good a time as any.”
Contact the eMoov media team on email@example.com for exclusive interviews and property insight.
NOTES TO EDITOR
• eMoov is the UK’s most successful and recognised Hybrid Estate Agent offering to sell properties for fees of just £679
• eMoov has sold over 5,000 properties since it launched
• eMoov are backed by VC firm Episode 1
• Russell Quirk is the founder of eMoov and widely recognised by the media for his expertise within the property market
• Russell is a third generation estate agent and after running the family business of 5 independent estate agents he sold them to start eMoov in 2010
• In 2014 and 2015 eMoov won the allagents.co.uk Best Customer Service Award, testament to their approach of being the digital disruptor offering fantastic value and outstanding customer service