Standard Life Investmentsin puolivuotistulos uuteen ennätykseen
Globaalin varainhoitaja Standard Life Investments (SLI) ylsi vuoden 2013 ensimmäisellä puoliskolla uuteen ennätykseen myynnissä sekä tuloksessa ennen veroja. Myynti vuosipuoliskolla oli 7,1 miljardia puntaa (8,3 miljardia euroa), kun edellisvuoden vastaavalla jaksolla myynti oli 0,6 miljardia puntaa (0,7 miljardia euroa). Tulos ennen veroja oli 93 miljoonaa puntaa (108,5 miljoonaa euroa). Hallinnoitavat varat kasvoivat 7 prosenttia 178,8 miljardiin puntaan (208,7 miljardia euroa).
”Standard Life Investments ylsi erinomaisiin tuloksiin vuoden 2013 ensimmäisellä puoliskolla, vaikka volatiliteetti palasi markkinoilla kesäkuussa. Yli 17 prosentin nettovirrat vuositasolla tekevät meistä tällä mittarilla yhden nopeimmin kasvavista globaaleista varainhoitajista”, SLI:n pääjohtaja Keith Skeoch sanoo.
Alkuperäinen tiedote kokonaisuudessaan alla.
Anna-Mari Tiilikainen, puh. 050 558 0888, anna-mari.tiilikainen(at)cocomms.com
STANDARD LIFE INVESTMENTS
HALF YEAR RESULTS 2013
Standard Life Investments, the global fund manager, today announced record half year results for the six month period ended 30 June 2013.
Highlights of Standard Life Investments’ performance in H1 2013 include:
- Record H1 net sales of £7.1bn (H1 2012: £0.6bn) - €8.3bn (H1 2012: €0.7bn)
- Record H1 operating profit before tax of £93m (H1 2012: £68m) - €108.5m (H1 2012: €84.0m)
- Record third party assets under management (AUM) of £93.4bn (end year 2012: £83.0bn) - €109.0bn (end year 2012: €102.3bn)
- Total AUM up 7% to £178.8bn (end year 2012: £167.7bn) - €208.7bn (end year 2012: €206.8bn)
- Strong investment performance with 92% of funds over one year and 91% over three year time periods outperforming their benchmark
Commenting on Standard Life Investments’ H1 2013 results Keith Skeoch, Chief Executive Officer, said:
“Standard Life Investments produced excellent results in H1 2013, delivering record profit, record net sales, record third party aum and excellent investment performance despite the return of volatility to markets in June. Annualised net flows of over 17% of opening AUM makes us, on this measure, one of the fastest growing global asset managers.
“I am particularly pleased that our ‘focus on change philosophy’ and team based approach continues to deliver innovative investment solutions and strong long term investment performance for our ever increasing number of global clients.”
We have built a strong and diversified book of third party business by both asset class and geography. The channel mix is also developing with 47% of net flows coming through wholesale and 53% through institutional.
Strong demand from outside the UK, accounting for 51% of net inflows, was led by the US with net inflows of £1.4bn (H1 2012: £0.6bn) - €1.6bn (H1 2012: €0.7bn). AUM generated from sales in our Boston office broke through $5bn – €3.8bn. SICAV funds continue to prove attractive with net inflows of £1.2bn (H1 2012: £0.3bn) - €1.4bn (H1 2012:
€0.4bn) as we have extended some of our most successful SICAV funds into France, Belgium and Italy. Canada generated net inflows of £0.3bn - €0.4bn, while in India our joint venture with HDFC AMC generated net non-cash inflows of £0.1bn - €0.1bn.
Brian Simmons, Head of Media Relations, Standard Life Investments, +44 (0)131 245 2750
Yvonne Soulsby, Press Manager, Standard Life Investments, +44 (0) 131 245 3610
To access our virtual press office, please click on the link below:
NOTES TO EDITORS:
1. With assets under management of £178.8bn (€208.7bn) ($271.2bn) (CAD$286.1) (HKD$2,103.4) (AUS$296.2) Standard Life Investments is one of Europe's major investment houses (as at 30.06.13).
2. Standard Life Investments was launched as an investment management company in 1998. It is a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Investments (Holdings) Limited, which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary
of Standard Life plc.
3. Headquartered in Edinburgh, Standard Life Investments’ maintains offices in a number of locations around the globe including Boston, Hong Kong, London, Beijing, Montreal, Sydney, Dublin, Paris and Seoul. In addition, we have close relationships with leading domestic players in Asia, including HFDC Asset Management in India and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank in Japan.
4. Past performance is not a guide to future returns and you may get back less than you invested.
Standard Life Investments Limited is registered in Scotland (SC123321) at 1 George Street, Edinburgh EH2 2LL.
Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Standard Life Investments (Hong Kong) Limited is licensed with and regulated by the Securities and Futures Commission in Hong Kong and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Standard Life Investments Limited.
Standard Life Investments Limited (ABN 36 142 665 227) is incorporated in Scotland (No. SC123321) and is exempt from the requirement to hold an Australian financial services licence under paragraph 911A(2)(l) of the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) (the 'Act') in respect of the provision of financial services as defined in Schedule A of the relief instrument no.10/0264 dated 9 April 2010 issued to Standard Life Investments Limited by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. These financial services are provided only to wholesale clients as defined in subsection 761G(7) of the Act. Standard Life Investments Limited is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by the Financial Conduct Authority under the laws of the United Kingdom, which differ from Australian laws.
Standard Life Investments Limited, a company registered in Ireland (904256) 90 St Stephen’s Green Dublin 2 and is authorised and regulated in the UK by the Financial Conduct Authority.
Standard Life Investments (USA) Limited, registered as an Investment Adviser with the US Securities and Exchange Commission.
Standard Life Investments Inc., with offices in Calgary, Montréal and Toronto, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Standard Life Investments Limited.
Calls may be monitored and/or recorded to protect both you and us and help with our training.
www.standardlifeinvestments.com © 2013 Standard Life, images reproduced under licence