NENT Group announces new organisation and operating model
- NENT Group moves from traditional country operating model to structure based on focused areas of responsibility working across markets, platforms and brands
- Group Executive Management team reduced in size to become more focused, integrated and operational
- New model is best structure for a leading streaming player and content producer with multi-market strategy and significant growth ambitions
Nordic Entertainment Group (NENT Group), the Nordic region’s leading streaming company, has today announced that it will move to a new operating model from 1 October. The new set-up is based on specialities that operate across the Group in areas such as people, sales, content, marketing and technology. This will lead to a smaller, more focused, more integrated and more operational Group Executive Management team of eight leaders. NENT Studios, the company’s production business comprising 32 companies across 17 countries, will be split into three units covering the Nordic region and central and eastern Europe, the UK and the US.
The new structure will enable NENT Group to take decisions faster, work smarter, simplify areas of responsibility, and ensure even better strategic alignment across the business. It will also create skills hubs where talented employees can develop and grow.
From 1 October, NENT Group’s Group Executive Management team will be reduced from 15 to eight members:
- Anders Jensen, President and CEO
- Gabriel Catrina, EVP & Chief Financial Officer
- Sahar Kupersmidt, EVP & Chief People and Culture Officer
- Filippa Wallestam, EVP & Chief Content Officer
- Kim Poder, EVP & Chief Commercial Officer
- Matthew Hooper, EVP & Chief Corporate Affairs Officer
- Kaj af Kleen, EVP & Chief Technology and Product Officer
- Mia Suazo Eriksson, EVP & Chief Marketing Officer.
Each executive will lead their respective area and will report to Anders Jensen. NENT Group will also have an extended management team, which will report to Anders Jensen but will not be part of the Group Executive Management:
- Morten Mogensen, SVP & Head of NENT Studios Nordics and CEE
- Jakob Mejlhede Andersen, CEO of NENT Studios UK
- Kim Mikkelsen, SVP & Head of NENT Sport
- Jonas Gustafsson, SVP & CEO of Viasat Consumer.
NENT Studios US is being established following NENT Group’s strategic investment in Picturestart in May, and a CEO will be appointed in due course.
NENT Group will not operate according to a country- and product-based model but will continue to have a relevant presence in each of its existing Nordic markets – Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland – and the UK.
Anders Jensen, NENT Group President and CEO: “This is an important and natural step forward for NENT Group’s employees, customers, audiences and partners. Our focused model will ensure that we have the right resources in the right places, and can invest in even more fantastic experiences. We will have the best structure for a leading streaming player and content producer with a multi-market strategy and significant growth ambitions. Since launching NENT Group in June 2018, we have been building something unique in our industry. These changes will keep us ahead of the curve, and enable us to scale flexibly and efficiently. We have achieved so much in just one year, and coming together as one NENT Group will enable us to do even more and act even faster.”
NOTES TO EDITORS
Nordic Entertainment Group AB (publ) (NENT Group) is the Nordic region’s leading entertainment provider. We entertain millions of people every day with our streaming services, TV channels and radio stations, and our production companies create content that is experienced around the world. We make life more entertaining by telling stories, touching lives and expanding worlds – from live sports, movies and series to music and original shows. Headquartered in Stockholm, NENT Group is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (‘NENT A’ and ‘NENT B’).
email@example.com (or Nicholas Smith, Acting Head of Public Relations; +46 73 699 26 95)
firstname.lastname@example.org (or Stefan Lycke, Head of Investor Relations; +46 73 699 27 14)
Download high-resolution photos: Flickr
nentgroup.com / Facebook / Twitter / LinkedIn / Instagram