Poolia Interim Report 1 January – 30 September 2016
Quarterly period July-September
- Revenue amounted to SEK 183.6 (177.7) million, an increase of 3.3%.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 5.9 (4.2) million, with an operating margin of 3.2% (2.4%).
- Profit before tax was SEK 4.8 (6.6) million.
- Profit after tax was SEK 3.7 (4.5) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.21 (0.26).
- Cash flow from operations for the quarter improved to SEK -0.2 (-0.9) million.
- Poolia Sweden reported restructuring costs of SEK 1.7 (0.2) million during the quarter.
- Poolia’s UK operations were divested on 28 February 2014. The only costs remaining in the companies are administrative expenses and a tax provision for the gain on the sale of the operations in 2014.
- Profit/loss from discontinued operations was SEK -0.2 (0.0) million in the third quarter and SEK -1.6 (0.0) million in the period January-September.
- Cash flow from discontinued operations in the period January-September was SEK -0.3 (0.0) million.
Interim period January-September
- Revenue amounted to SEK 585.8 (546.9) million, an increase of 7.1%.
- Operating profit amounted to SEK 14.2 (9.1) million, with an operating margin of 2.4% (1.7%).
- Profit before tax was SEK 11.7 (11.4) million.
- Profit after tax was SEK 8.1 (7.8) million.
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.47 (0.46).
- Cash flow from operations for the period was SEK -10.1 (-0.6) million.
- Poolia Sweden reported restructuring costs of SEK 5.6 (5.0) million during the period.
- The equity/assets ratio ended the period at 31.0% (29.6%), and the Group’s equity per share was SEK 4.41 (4.05).
From the CEO – Positive development continues
Poolia has delivered its best operating profit for the third quarter since 2010. The operating profit of SEK 5.9 million represents an increase of 40% compared with the same quarter in 2015. The operating margin has improved by 33%.
Growth in the quarter was positive but is not yet entirely satisfactory. The third quarter is normally the industry’s and Poolia’s weakest due to a high and unpredictable take-up of holiday leave in both Finland and Sweden. Holiday leave is more evenly distributed over the year in Germany.
During the first three quarters of the year, Poolia’s revenue increased by 7.1% and operating profit by 56% compared with 2015. We are achieving this improvement even though we are still in our restructuring programme, which started just under three years ago. The programme is expected to be completed in 2017.
The economies of Germany and Sweden continue to grow and are characterised by an economic upturn. We can see this from the fact that our clients are increasingly employing our temps, which in itself is a quality rating, but is not good for our growth. In addition, we are experiencing a shortage of candidates, meaning that we need to spend considerably more resources on recruitment of temps. We see some signs that the economy is recovering in Finland.
Poolia’s positive development continues. We are continuously reviewing our strategies and developing our organisation, making us better equipped to face increasingly strong competition and to create profitable growth.
Poolia's long-term goals and strategies stand firm.
Managing Director and CEO
Morten Werner, MD and CEO, tel: 46 70 636 25 25, 46 8 555 650 60
This is information that Poolia AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication through the contact person above at 14.50 CET on 28 Ocober 2016. The Swedish version was published 27 October 2016 at 07.00.
Poolia’s business concept is to provide companies and organisations with the skills that meet their temporary or permanent needs for qualified professionals. Poolia specialise in temporary staffing and permanent placement of professional staff in our focus areas of Finance & Accounting, Financial Services, Office Support, IT, Life Science & Engineering, Sales and Marketing, Human Resources, Legal, and Executive Search. Poolia has business in Sweden, Finland and Germany. Poolia is listed on the NASDAQ OMX Stockholm AB since 1999.