TietoEnator develops mobile payment solution for Europolitan Vodafone

TietoEnator develops mobile payment solution for Europolitan Vodafone TietoEnator-owned Entra has been assigned by Europolitan Vodafone to develop a platform for payments for services via mobile terminals. The solution will be introduced by Europolitan Vodafone during the first half of 2002. The contract supports TietoEnator's strategy of promoting mobile payment solutions in the global market. - The mobile telephone continues to be a tool of ever increasing importance in peoples' lives. Mobile payments are an important step in our vision to provide our customers with services that simplify their daily lives. The payment solution is the result of long co-operation with TietoEnator where we have studied possible ways of handling the payment of the increasing range of mobile data services that we and other service suppliers offer, says Mikael Kluge, Business Area Manager for mobile Internet at Europolitan Vodafone. The new payment platform gives the customer access to a large number of services via one and the same payment method without needing to be registered with each respective supplier. In this way new sources of income are facilitated for both the affiliated service suppliers and the payment intermediaries, in this case Europolitan Vodafone. - For a long time the mobile telephone has been discussed as a smart method of payment but up to now there have been few large-scale activities with regard to the realization of mobile payments. Europolitan Vodafone are now making a whole-hearted effort in the area and the combination of our know-how within payment solutions and their far-sighted service strategy form a strong foundation for a fully- functional mobile payment service, says Martin Sjöberg, MD of Entra. The new platform facilitates payments in real time via mobile terminals, irrespective of whether these are based on GSM, GPRS or UMTS technology. The service is primarily intended to create a functional payment method for digital content but it can also be used for the payment of physical goods. The co-operation between TietoEnator and Europolitan Vodafone includes the joint marketing and sales of the payment solution to potential payment intermediaries within other market segments and in markets outside Sweden. For further information, please contact: Martin Sjöberg, MD, Entra AB +46 8 597 90 870, martin.sjoberg@entragroup.com Mikael Kluge, Business Area Manager, mobile Internet, Europolitan Vodafone. +46 708 33 12 05, mikael.kluge@europolitan.se Anders Jensen, Business Manager, payment services, Europolitan Vodafone. +46 708 33 13 17, anders.jensen@europolitan.se Entra is a part of TietoEnator, Finance Sector. For further information, visit www.entragroup.com. The services of TietoEnator Finance Sector are based on a strategic partnership with our customers. Finance sector's solutions concentrate on key technologies and the goal is, via Europe, to be a global e-finance solution provider. In addition to Internet banking solutions, TietoEnator Finance Sector also commands strong expertise in payment systems and selected capital market solutions. Finance Sector operates in 11 different countries with more than 1800 experts and over 300 customers worldwide. TietoEnator Finance Sector is the leading partner for the banking, insurance and finance sector in Northern Europe. With more than 10,000 employees and annual net sales of EUR 1.1 billion, TietoEnator is a leading supplier of high value-added IT services in Europe. TietoEnator specialises in consulting, building and hosting its customers' business operations in the digital economy. The Group's services are based on a combination of deep industry-specific expertise and latest information technology. www.tietoenator.com Europolitan Vodafone is a mobile operator with a license to build 3G mobile telecoms networks. Our strength lies in our focus on developing international services, service and quality. Europolitan Vodafone employs some 1,500 people and is listed on the Attract 40 list of the Stockholm Stock Exchange through its parent company, Europolitan Holdings AB. The company's majority owner is Vodafone of the UK, with 71 per cent of Europolitan Holdings AB. Private shareholders, investment companies and pension funds own the remaining 29 per cent. The Vodafone Group is represented on 5 continents and has around 95 million customers (proportional number of customers calculated on the basis of ownership). For more information, please visit www.europolitan.se and www.vodafone.com. TIETOENATOR CORPORATION DISTRIBUTION Principal media ------------------------------------------------------------ Denna information skickades av Waymaker http://www.waymaker.se Följande filer finns att ladda ned: http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2001/11/28/20011128BIT00780/bit0002.doc http://www.waymaker.net/bitonline/2001/11/28/20011128BIT00780/bit0002.pdf

Dokument & länkar