Volvo Group – the first quarter 2017
“In the first quarter, both the Group’s sales and profitability increased. Net sales increased by 8% and amounted to SEK 77.4 billion. Volumes of heavy-duty and medium-duty trucks were down by 4%, which was off-set by 34% higher volumes of construction equipment. The Group’s adjusted operating income improved to SEK 7.0 billion, with earnings improvements coming from all business areas and with the most significant impact from Trucks and Volvo CE. The adjusted operating margin was 9.1%,” says Martin Lundstedt, President and CEO.
• In Q1 2017 net sales increased by 8% to SEK 77.4 billion (71.7). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales increased by 4%.
• Adjusted operating income amounted to SEK 7,029 M (4,459), corresponding to an adjusted operating margin of 9.1% (6.2).
• Currency movements had a positive impact on operating income of SEK 289 M.
• Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK 1.5 billion (-10.4).
• UD Trucks launched all-new heavy-duty Quon and medium-duty Croner truck ranges.
• New Volvo VNR regional haul tractor launched in North America.
Press and Analyst Conference.
An on-line presentation of the report, followed by a question-and-answer session will be webcast starting at 9.00 CET. More information under Investors on www.volvogroup.com
Aktiebolaget Volvo (publ) 556012-5790 Contacts Investor Relations:
Investor Relations, VHQ Christer Johansson +46 31 66 13 34
SE-405 08 Göteborg, Sweden Anders Christensson +46 31 66 11 91
Tel +46 31 66 00 00 Anna Sikström +46 31 66 13 36
For more stories from the Volvo Group, please visit www.volvogroup.com/press.
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs about 95,000 people, has production facilities in 18 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2016 the Volvo Group’s sales amounted to about SEK 302 billion (EUR 31,9 billion). The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Göteborg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm. For more information, please visit www.volvogroup.com.
This information is information that AB Volvo (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 07.20 CEST on April 25, 2017.