INTERIM REPORT Q1 1 APRIL - 30 JUNE 2016
- Net sales amounted to SEK 1,760 million (1,472) and increased by 20 percent.
- Operating profit before amortisation of intangible non-current assets (EBITA) amounted to SEK 179 million (130) corresponding to an EBITA-margin of 10.2 percent (8.8).
- Operating profit increased by 40 percent and amounted to SEK 153 million (109) corresponding to an operating margin of 8.7 percent (7.4).
- Profit after financial items increased by 35 percent and amounted to SEK 145 million (107).
- Profit after tax amounted to SEK 113 million (83).
- Earnings per share totalled SEK 1.65 (1.20). For the most recent 12-month period, earnings per share amounted to SEK 5.30 (4.95).
- Cash flow from operating activities amounted to SEK 104 million (64). For the most recent 12-month period, cash flow per share amounted to SEK 7.70 (7.95).
- Return on equity amounted to 22 percent (28).
- The equity ratio amounted to 40 percent (42).
- During the period , the Group implemented four acquisitions, which add total annual sales of about SEK 200 million.
A GOOD START TO THE YEAR
The Group presented a good development in the beginning of this financial year. Sales and earnings increased, both organically and through acquisitions. The selective cost adjustments carried out has also had a positive effect on earnings. In total operating profit increased by 40 percent compared to the same quarter last year.
Demand improved in several of the niche markets in which we operate, though our businesses continued to experience considerable variation among customer segments. Demand developed positively from customers in infrastructure, such as electricity transmission and the building & installation segments in the Swedish market, while other geographical markets were relatively stable. Within the energy sector, the market situation was particularly positive in wind power. Demand within the oil and gas sector in Norway remains at the same low level as in the fourth quarter. However, there are signs of stabilisation and some recovery. Sales of production components to manufacturing companies increased somewhat in all Nordic markets, covering most customer segments such as machinery manufacturing, medical technology, ships and electronics. Demand for products in telecom declined, while demand for products used in special vehicles was relatively stable. All in all, the business situation on our markets outside the Nordic region was positive.
We continued to acquire profitable technology companies with market-leading niche positions. To date during this financial year, we have completed four acquisitions with total annual sales of about SEK 200 million and approximately 70 employees. Two of the acquisitions were carried out in Finland, one in the UK and one in China. With a robust cash flow and a strong balance sheet, we have good opportunities to carry out new interesting acquisitions during the year.
Stockholm 15 July, 2016
Johan Sjö, President and CEO.
The interim report for the period 1 April – 30 September 2016 will be published on 26 October 2016.
For further information, please contact:
Johan Sjö, President and CEO, Addtech AB, +46 8 470 49 00
Christina Kassberg, CFO, Addtech AB, +46 8 470 49 00
This information is information that Addtech AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 1.00 p.m CET on 15 July 2016.
Addtech in brief
Addtech is a technology trading group that provides technological and economic value added in the link between manufacturers and customers. Addtech operates in selected niches in the market for advanced technology products and solutions. Its customers primarily operate in the manufacturing industry and infrastructure. Addtech has about 2 000 employees in approximately 120 subsidiaries that operate under their own brands. The Group has annual sales of about SEK 6 billion. Addtech is listed on the Nasdaq Stockholm.