Chadwicks Set For Rapid Market Growth Following £2m Investment
Leading flexible packaging manufacturer Chadwicks Shrink Sleeves has invested over £2m in new lines to secure its pan-European position.
In a market that is set to grow rapidly from 2011 to 2015, together with a trend for shorter runs, Chadwicks has set out to become one of Europe’s largest niche shrink sleeve providers.
The bulk of the investment has gone into new equipment, including a new DCM seaming machine, DCM cut singles machine and a state-of-the-art, high-speed MPS UV Flexo press with Gravure station, offering all the latest technology at Chadwicks’ UK site in Bury, Greater Manchester.
The investment follows an in depth market research initiative that has seen Chadwicks shape its shrink sleeves business to focus on flexibility, scaleable volumes and materials technology delivered across an industry-leading range of print formats.
Chadwicks is now one of the few shrink sleeve providers able to deliver high quality product across a range of volumes from short to larger runs with its sister Clondalkin Group company Nyco in Switzerland, using Digital, UV flexo, Offset and Gravure print processes.
Martin Hardman, sales and marketing director at Chadwicks said: “The shrink sleeves market is very fast moving and creative. Brands want quick, quality results from rapid prototyping and test runs right the way up to volume production. We’ve invested and shaped the business to offer our customer faster responses and guaranteed quality and service levels whatever the volume, print and materials choices. In short, we fit our customers’ products and operations better than anyone else.”
Customers will benefit from a wider international presence and Chadwicks will be able to service customers throughout Europe.
Martin Hardman added: “The investment marks the start of a very exciting time for Chadwicks Shrink Sleeves, as well as for the Clondalkin Group. We have witnessed a dramatic increase in demand from customers that are looking for an innovative alternative to some of the more established packaging solutions, and a better way of working.
“It is the latest in a long line of investments in every area of shrink sleeves from 3D design and proofing tools, the best expertise and staff, to new capital equipment.”
With a global network and sound financial backing from Clondakin Group, Chadwicks Shrink Sleeves is able to deliver truly pan-European flexible packaging products across the widest range of print and finish solutions, as well as a range of products and specialist finishes, including full body, tamper evidence technology, tear-off recyclable strips and multipack sleeves.
To find out more about why Chadwicks is one step ahead of the competition visit www.chadwicks-sleeves.com,
or call +44 (0)161 763 2100.
Issued on behalf of Chadwicks by Adessi
For more information contact Laura Coyne at Adessi on
Tel: +44 (0)113 256 9999
Fax: +44 (0)113 256 9989
Notes to editor:
Chadwicks, based in Bury, Greater Manchester, is the UK’s leading manufacturer of pre-cut lids and innovative shrink sleeves to market sectors including food, dairy and beverage markets and exports 50% of its output as far afield as the Far East, Australia and New Zealand. Chadwicks works alongside its sister Clondalkin Group company Nyco to offer its reputable levels of service, quality and innovation. To find out more about why Chadwicks is one step ahead of the competition visit www.chadwicks-lids.com
or phone 0161 763 2100.
About Clondalkin Group:
• Clondalkin Group is an international producer of high value added packaging products and services with over 40 production locations in 10 different countries throughout Europe and North America and annual sales in excess of €800 million a year
• Clondalkin comprises of two divisions, the Flexible Packaging Division and Specialist Packaging Division, employing more than 4,000 people
• The Flexible Packaging Division, which represents approximately 70% of sales, includes our foil and laminate businesses and plastic and polymer businesses
• The Flexible Packaging Division specialises in coated and laminated waxed papers and foils, pre-cut lids, polymer-based sheets, rolls, sleeves and bags with more than 20 production locations throughout Europe and North America including Cats-Haensel, Vaassen Flexible Packaging, NYCO, Chadwicks, AP Burt, LPF Packaging, Wentus, Van Der Windt Group, Accutech Films, Direct Plastics and Fortune Plastics
• The Specialist Packaging Division, which represents approximately 30% of sales, includes our folding cartons, labels, leaflets, literature and inserts / outserts businesses and paper packaging and printing businesses
• The Specialist Packaging Division specialises in cartons, labels, leaflets and inserts, and has approximately 20 manufacturing sites in the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Spain, Poland, the United States and Puerto Rico and Ireland. These include well-known brands such as Boxes, Harlands, Ditone, Pharmagraphics Guy, Kenilworth Products, Cartonplex and Keller Crescent
• Clondalkin Group occupies leading positions in the following markets
• Pharmaceutical & Healthcare;
• Cosmetics & Toiletries;
• Food & Beverage;
• Biodegradable Packaging;
• Confectionery & Bakery;
• Agricultural & Horticultural; and
• Services & Leisure
• Clondalkin Group has extensive experience in all packaging converting technologies including extrusion, metalizing, laminating, lacquering, printing and finishing and works with all the major packaging substrates including paper, board, plastics, foils and laminates