Fine Tubes and Superior Tube Continue to Extend Their Industry-Leading Nuclear Capabilities
Plymouth, United Kingdom - Fine Tubes, a leading manufacturer and global supplier of precision tubes for critical applications, continues to extend and promote its industry-leading nuclear capabilities together with its sister company, US-based Superior Tube.
Both companies are showcasing their latest high-specification tubing ranges in stainless steel, titanium, zirconium and nickel alloys at the World Nuclear Exhibition (WNE), June 28-30, 2016, in Paris, exhibiting in Hall 2B at Stand M23 as part of the GIIN (Groupe Intersyndical de L’Industrie Nucleaire).
Fine Tubes and Superior Tube have long records of working closely with the world’s leading nuclear reactor suppliers on new build, maintenance and decommissioning projects, including the manufacture of critical heat exchanger tubing for the Flamanville, France, European pressurized reactor.
Fine Tubes also has recently raised its profile still further across the entire nuclear industry supply chain by successfully completing the Fit for Nuclear (F4N) programme run by Nuclear Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC). F4N is a unique service designed to help UK manufacturing companies win contracts in the civil nuclear supply chain by measuring their operations against the exacting standards required by the nuclear industry. Whilst primarily a UK initiative, F4N status provides Fine Tubes with additional global exposure through Nuclear AMRC’s international partners.
Nuclear AMRC was established in 2009, in response to the UK Government’s Low-Carbon Industrial Strategy and led by the University of Sheffield and the University of Manchester with Rolls-Royce as lead industrial partner. Other founding partners were Areva, Westinghouse, Sheffield Forgemasters and Tata Steel.
Both Fine Tubes and Superior Tube have over 80 years of experience in meeting the most demanding tubing requirements with their leading-edge metallurgy and their long records of innovation.
Fine Tubes’ involvement in the nuclear power industry began when the company started supplying nuclear fuel cans to the United Kingdom’s first generation of gas-cooled reactors. Since then the company has manufactured products for advanced gas-cooled, pressurized water, light water, heavy water and fast breeder reactors. Today, Fine Tubes products are deployed in plants throughout the European Union, the United States, Canada, India and China. Superior Tube, which has had an association with the nuclear industry since the 1930s, continues to work with the United States Government on a wide range of nuclear energy projects.
Charles Ferreira , Western Europe Business Development Manager commented: “ Fine Tubes and Superior Tube, in partnership, are in an excellent position to take advantage of the opportunities in the nuclear industry across the globe. Not only are we at the forefront of technological expertise in the marketplace, but we also have the agility and flexibility to deliver the very best solutions to end users, operators and OEMs across the globe .”
Despite issues around nuclear safety and the increase of technical and financial constraints of the nuclear sector, Fine Tubes and Superior Tube strive to support research into new technical solutions. With over 80 years of experience in the manufacture of high-performance tubes, both companies continue to satisfy the stringent expectations of light water and heavy water reactor technologies around the world.
Fine Tubes and Superior Tube are reliable partners recognized for high-quality tubing solutions as well as metallurgical and technical expertise.
Notes to Editors
Fine Tubes and Superior Tube are collectively a unit of AMETEK Specialty Metal Products, a division of AMETEK, Inc., a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
About Fine Tubes
www.finetubes.com , @FineTubes
- Established 70 years ago, Fine Tubes is a leading metal tubing manufacturer with its headquarters and production facilities in Plymouth, United Kingdom, and sales offices in Germany (Meerbusch), France (Orléans), India (Mumbai) and in the United States (Collegeville, Pennsylvania). In addition, the company has several agents across the globe, including oil and gas specialists inKuwait,Oman,Qatar,Saudi Arabiaand theUnited Arab Emirates.
- The company manufactures both seamless and welded tubes in a wide range of stainless steel, nickel, titanium and zirconium alloys for critical applications in the oil and gas, nuclear and power, aerospace, chemicals and medical equipment industries.
- Recent notable projects for which Fine Tubes has supplied specialist tubing include the Airbus A380 and A350 series, the Gemasolar power station and CERN’s Large Hadron Collider.
- After closely working with the SAFRAN Group, Fine Tubes was awarded a substantial share of the global tube sourcing contract for the delivery of high performance stainless steel, nickel and titanium alloy tubing to SAFRAN, its affiliates and subcontractors for the New Leap and Silvercrest engine programmes.
- Fine Tubes currently employs around 380 permanent staff and exports its products to over 35 countries worldwide, including China, India and the United States.
For more information, contact Bettina Schadow, Marketing Communications Manager at Fine Tubes, Plymbridge Rd., Plymouth, Devon PL6 7LG, United Kingdom. Telephone: +44 (0) 1752 735851. Fax: +44 (0) 1752 73301. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Website: www.finetubes.com
About Superior Tube
www.superiortube.com , @SuperiorTube
- Superior Tube is a global leader in the manufacture of precision tubing. From aerospace to power stations, and oil and gas extraction to medicine, its products are used by a range of industries.
- Based in Collegeville, PA, USA, the company’s manufacturing capabilities include seamless and welded tubes, straight lengths and coils, in stainless steel, nickel, titanium and zirconium.
For more information, contact Bettina Schadow, Marketing Communications Manager at Superior Tube, 3900 Germantown Pike, Collegeville, PA 19426-3112, USA.Telephone: +1 610.489.5200. Fax: +1 610.489.5252.