Interim report for the period 1 January – 30 June 2011
Second quarter (1 April – 30 June 2011)
- Net sales during the quarter amounted to MSEK 39.6 (14.5).
- Operating income before depreciation (EBITDA) was MSEK 25.3 (10.8).
- Operating income (EBIT) amounted to MSEK 8.7 (3.1).
- Earnings after tax totalled MSEK 1.3 (-1.9) which corresponds to SEK 0.04 (-0.06) per share.
- Average income per MWh was SEK 823 (725), of which SEK 498 (420) per MWh refers to electricity and SEK 325 (305) per MWh refers to electricity certificates.
First half year (1 January – 30 June 2011)
- Net sales during the period amounted to MSEK 80.9 (28.8).
- Wind power production during the period was approximately 4% greater compared with the last 30 year average according to Danish wind energy statistics.
- Operating income before depreciation (EBITDA) amounted to MSEK 61.8 (15.0).
- Operating income (EBIT) amounted to MSEK 33.1 (0.7).
- Earnings after tax totalled MSEK 14.8 (-6.8) which is equivalent to SEK 0.48 (-0.27) per share.
- Average income amounted to SEK 805 (738) per MWh, of which SEK 490 (420) per MWh refers to electricity and SEK 315 (318) per MWh refers to electricity certificates.
Significant events after the end of the reporting period
- A loan agreement has been signed with DnB NOR regarding financing of the wind farms in Blekhem, Södra Kärra and Gettnabo (a total of 18 Vestas turbines).
- A purchase option for the acquisition of Jädraås Vindkraft AB has been extended whilst awaiting final investment decisions.
- Cooperation has been initiated with Platina Partners LLP which provides Platina with the right to acquire and finance fifty percent of the Jädraås project.
The above information is such that Arise Windpower AB (publ) is required to disclose under the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication on 12 August at 07.30 am.
For additional information, please contact
Peter Nygren, CEO, Tel. +46(0)706-300 680
Thomas Johansson, CFO Tel. +46(0)768-211 115
About Arise Windpower
Arise Windpower is one of Sweden’s leading companies in onshore wind power. Arise Windpower’s business concept is to sell electricity generated by the company’s own onshore wind turbines. The company is aiming to have approximately 700 MW (equivalent to approximately 300 wind turbines) in operation or under construction by 2014. In a normal wind year these are expected to generate approximately 2 TWh of green electricity. Arise Windpower is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.