Year-end report 1 January – 31 December 2016
Fourth quarter (1 October – 31 December 2016)
- Net sales for the quarter amounted to MSEK 290 (151).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) was MSEK 61 (48), of which associates had an impact of MSEK 0 (-19) on the Group. Operating cash flow was MSEK 38 (28).
- Profit/loss before tax totalled MSEK 12 (-4), including non-recurring effects of MSEK 0 (-37).
- Profit/loss after tax totalled MSEK 10 (-4), corresponding to SEK 0.30 (-0.11) per share.
- Production totalled 238 GWh (228), of which 128 GWh (125) pertained to Own wind power operations and 110 GWh (103) to Co-owned wind power operations. Winds were strong in the fourth quarters of both 2016 and 2015.
- Average income from Own wind power operations was SEK 433 per MWh (518), of which SEK 310 per MWh (340) pertained to electricity and SEK 122 (178) per MWh to electricity certificates.
- The sale of Bohult was implemented according to plan and had a positive impact of about MSEK 90 on cash flow after the repayment of project financing loans and the redemption of an interest rate swap. The transaction also had a positive impact on profit for 2016.
- An asset management agreement was signed with Tellenes Vindpark in Norway. The farm is owned by funds managed by BlackRock.
Full-year (1 January – 31 December 2016)
- Net sales for the period amounted to MSEK 594 (487).
- Operating profit before depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA) amounted to MSEK 138 (193), of which associates had an impact of MSEK 0 (-25) on the Group. Operating cash flow was MSEK 182 (170).
- Profit/loss before tax totalled MSEK -52 (-164), including impairment losses of -18 (-213) MSEK.
- Profit/loss after tax totalled MSEK -41 (-156), corresponding to SEK -1.23 (-4.67) per share.
- Production totalled 640 GWh (774), of which 353 GWh (442) pertained to Own wind power operations and 287 GWh (332) to Co-owned wind power operations. The decrease was due to fewer farms in operation and weaker winds.
- Average income from Own wind power operations was SEK 433 per MWh (505), of which SEK 297 per MWh (340) pertained to electricity and SEK 136 (165) per MWh to electricity certificates.
 Includes both impairment losses and other non-recurring items
Significant events after the end of the reporting period
- In order to proactively develop Arise’s position in the market and to strengthen its financial flexibility, a decision was made to issue approx. MSEK 245 of convertibles with preferential rights for shareholders.
- The acquisition of Kraftö’s project portfolio of up to 370 MW was completed.
- An option agreement to acquire the project Svartnäs, approx. 100 MW, was entered into.
Halmstad 17 February, 2017
ARISE AB (publ)
For further information, please contact
Daniel Johansson, VD Arise AB, +46 702 244 133
Linus Hägg, CFO Arise AB, +46 702 448 916
This information is information that Arise AB] is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 08.00 CET on 17 February 2017.
Arise is one of Sweden´s leading wind power companies, with the business concept to develop, build and manage onshore wind farms for its own account and on behalf of investors. The company is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.