ARTIMPLANT NINE - MONTH REPORT 2012
FIRST NINE MONTHS
• Net revenue increased by nine percentage points and amounted to SEK 15.6 million (14.3).
• The net loss after tax totaled SEK 10.2 million (11.9). This respresented an improvement in result of SEK 1.7 million compared to the corresponding period the previous year.
• Earnings per stock unit amounted to SEK -0.02 (-0.10).
• The aim of achieving a positive cash flow before changes in working capital on a monthly basis during the fourth quarter 2012 will be moved forward to the second half of 2013 due to lower sales growth in the USA.
• Net revenue amounted to SEK 3.3 million (4.7).
• The net loss after tax totaled SEK 4.7 million (2.9).
• Earnings per stock unit amounted to SEK -0.01 (-0.02).
• The USA study of Artelon® Tissue Reinforcement for rotator cuff injuries has been published. The study shows positive results with regard to functioning of the shoulder and patients’ perceived improved quality of life.
EVENS AFTER THE PERIOD-END
• Initial positive results have been presented from a two-year study of Artelon® CMC Spacer.
* Figures in brackets refer to the corresponding period last year.
N. B. This is a translation from Swedish. The Swedish version shall always take precedence.
For further information, please contact:
Kjell Thörnbring, CEO
Telephone: +46 703 11 90 25
Further information at www.artimplant.com where one also can subscribe to future press releases; www.artimplant.com/investors-media/subscribe-to-press-releases.html
Artimplant is a biomaterials company focused on solutions to problems in orthopedic. We restore health through the development, production and marketing of degradable implants that regenerate body functions and improve quality of life. Our products, made from Artelon®, meet unmet clinical needs and are marketed in a growing number of therapy areas. Artimplant produces implants for treatment of osteoarthritis in hands and feet, for shoulder and other soft tissue injuries.
Artimplant is a public company listed on the OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm in the Small Cap segment and in the healthcare sector.
This press release contains forward-looking statements as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by these forward-looking statements as a result of risks and uncertainties impacting the Company's business including increased competition; the ability of the Company to expand its operations and to attract and retain qualified professionals; technological obsolescence; general economic conditions; and other risks detailed from time to time in the Company's filings.
This is information which Artimplant shall make public pursuant to the Swedish Financial Instruments Act and the Swedish Securities Exchange and Clearing Operations Act and/or stock market agreements. Information was made available for publication on October 31, 2012 at 8.45 AM (Swedish time).