Atea Denmark reaches settlement with public prosecutor
Reference is made to the previous stock exchange notice on July 4, 2018.
Atea A/S (“Atea Denmark”) has reached a settlement with SØIK (State Prosecutor for Serious Economic and International Crime) over an indictment related to the company’s legal responsibility for alleged corruption by seven former employees during a period between 2009 – 2014. Under the terms of the settlement, Atea Denmark would not contest the charges and would pay a penalty of DKK 3.0 million (NOK 3.8 million).
The case was the result of an investigation which began in June 2015, and which has resulted in multiple indictments and convictions. SØIK has confirmed that no further charges would be brought by SØIK against Atea under this investigation.
“Atea Denmark is a completely different company today than it was during the period under investigation. We are accepting the penalty from SØIK, and look forward to putting the charges against the company behind us,” commented Steinar Sønsteby, CEO of Atea ASA.
“Atea has a zero tolerance policy toward corruption, and aims to be an industry leader in corporate social responsibility. In response to the investigation, Atea has taken strong measures to prevent misconduct and to ensure compliance with our Code of Conduct and the highest standards of ethics.”
These measures include the following:
- Atea Denmark has conducted a “self-cleaning” program in accordance with EU legislation
- Atea Denmark has received the highest international anti-bribery certification (ISO 37001 Anti-Bribery Systems)
- The Atea Group has established a thorough compliance system, including comprehensive control procedures
- The Code of Conduct of Atea has been updated and strengthened
- All employees of the Atea Group are required to complete a training program and a test in ethics and the Code of Conduct – with zero tolerance for breach
- The anonymous whistleblower system has been strengthened for those who wish to report violations of the Code of Conduct or of relevant law
- A compliance committee has been established in the Board of Directors (Atea ASA)
- The CFO of Atea ASA, Robert Giori, has been appointed as Group Compliance Officer
- All business units report on compliance quarterly in order to make sure that the governance systems are working.
For further information, please contact:
Steinar Sønsteby, CEO Atea ASA, mobile (+47) 930 55 655
Atea is the leading supplier of IT infrastructure and system integration in the Nordic and Baltic regions with 7,200 employees. Atea is present in 87 cities in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atea delivers IT products from leading vendors and assists its customers with specialist competencies within IT infrastructure services. Atea had revenue of approximately NOK 32 billion in 2017 and is listed on Oslo Stock Exchange. https://www.atea.com