Stewart Davies announced as new CEO of Augean PLC

Augean PLC are pleased to announce the appointment of Dr. Stewart John Rodney Davies as Chief Executive Officer with effect from August 2013.

Stewart (52) joins from Romec Ltd where he is Managing Director of this 51%-owned subsidiary of Royal Mail Group, the remaining 49% of shares are held by Balfour Beatty Workplace Ltd. He also holds the dual role of Managing Director for Balfour Beatty Technical Services. Stewart has over 27 years of experience in the industrial services sector, working in management positions at leading industrial groups such as Serco, Corus and Rugby Cement. Stewart is also a Governing Board Member on the Technology Strategy Board, the UK’s national innovation agency which aims to accelerate economic growth by stimulating and supporting business-led innovation.

As announced at the time of his resignation, Paul Blacker has remained as CEO during his notice period but it is intended that he will progressively step down from his role and leave the Group by the end of March. Paul has now handed over all day to day control of commercial and operational matters to Richard Allen, who will assume the role of Interim Chief Executive Officer until Stewart joins the Group. The Board has taken steps to strengthen the Group’s finance team during the interim period to ensure adequate resources are in place to enable Richard to focus on his interim role.

Commenting on the appointment Jim Meredith, Chairman said:

“We are delighted to welcome Stewart to the Board and we look forward to working with him. The Group carried out a rigorous selection process and Stewart stood out as the ideal candidate, both in terms of his track record and technical knowledge, to lead Augean during the next phase of the Group’s development and beyond. Once again I would like thank Paul for his contribution and wish him all the very best for the future.”

Commenting on his appointment Stewart Davies said:

“I am very excited about this opportunity. It is clear that the management team has done a great job in putting in place a strong platform for growth, with a number of significant opportunities to build on, and I look forward to working with them to enhance Augean’s reputation as a leading hazardous waste business.”

Stewart has held the following directorships during the last five years:

Current
Romec Ltd

Romec Enterprises Ltd

Previous
M.D.P. Engineering Ltd

Fundare Ltd

Mark Carton

mark@lateraladvertising.co.uk

0191 5641444

Augean PLC was formed in 2004, and is listed on the AIM. The company is the UK’s leading provider of waste management services with an emphasis on hazardous waste.

The name Augean was born out of Greek mythology, inspired by the fifth labour of Hercules.

Augean is the strategic partner for a range of organisations in the land management, oil and gas, construction and nuclear decommissioning sectors. Augean works with other leading waste management companies to offer a complete solution to any business.

With headquarters in Wetherby and a network of sites and facilities across the UK from Avon-mouth to Aberdeen, Augean PLC has become a leading facility for the transfer, treatment and disposal of waste products, with a specialism in hazardous waste.

Augean is committed to delivery the highest quality service in the management of a wide range of hazardous wastes, and provides a strategic partner to businesses in all industrial and construction sectors.

Tags:

About Us

Augean was formed in September 2004 and listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM). The Group strategy is to build and grow a specialist company competent to deliver extremely high standards of service to our clients underpinned by modern technology led infrastructure and to become the market leader in delivering solutions to difficult to handle waste streams from industrial society. The Group strategy is underpinned by European Directives transposed into UK regulations: Landfill Directive Hazardous Waste Directive Integrated Pollution Prevention & Control Directive Waste Framework Directive The Directives focus on recognising waste as a resource, that the UK infrastructure for handling waste needs to be modernised and that difficult and hazardous wastes need specialist facilities and technologies to manage them more responsibly. The board delivers shareholder value by focusing on the management of specialist wastes, usually of a hazardous nature and often in niche markets, using proven technology, trained and highly skilled staff utilising internationally recognised management systems

Subscribe

Documents & Links