theHunter: Call of the Wild Coming to Consoles on October 2, 2017
STOCKHOLM (AUGUST 22, 2017) – Avalanche Studios and Expansive Worlds are excited to reveal the release date for theHunter: Call of the Wild for Xbox One and PlayStation®4. It will arrive on consoles October 2, 2017 and is priced at $39.99. The console version contains the main game plus the Tents & Ground Blinds DLC and the ATV DLC. Find the official trailer here.
Originally developed for PC and released via digital and retail outlets earlier this year, theHunter: Call of the Wild is the ultimate hunting experience, featuring open-world gameplay across two massive reserves set in Germany and the Pacific Northwest. The game is rendered by Apex – Avalanche Studios Open World Engine, enabling a level of visual fidelity never before seen in a hunting game. theHunter: Call of the Wild is a stand-alone, one-time purchase which will be supported by optional DLC content following the release.
For an in-depth look at all features of the game, make sure to catch the Gameplay Trailer and Layton Lake Trailer for the PC version.
A Next-Generation Hunting Experience.
· theHunter: Call of the Wild offers the most immersive hunting experience ever created. Step into a beautiful open world teeming with life, from majestic deer and awe-inspiring bison down to the countless birds, critters and insects of the wilderness.
· Experience complex animal behavior, dynamic weather events, full day and night cycles, simulated ballistics, highly realistic acoustics, scents carried by a sophisticated wind system, and much more. All systems work together to increase immersion and bring out the hunter in you.
Explore a Vast Open World. By Foot or ATV.
· Explore 50 square miles of varied terrain, ranging from wetlands and dense forests to lush valleys and open farm fields. The vast world of theHunter: Call of the Wild is split up into separate and distinct hunting reserves, each one filled with surprises and memorable moments.
· Take on missions and challenges from the locals, or go off the beaten path. Discover lookouts, hunting towers and outposts. Tired of walking between your hunts? Drive an ATV! This capable vehicle will carry you across rough terrain at breakneck speeds. Exploring the open world has never been more fun.
A Decade in the Making.
· theHunter: Call of the Wild is the evolution of theHunter, Expansive Worlds’ stand-out hunting game, with close to 7 million registered players and 7 years of live operations.
· Avalanche Studios and Expansive Worlds bring hunting to a new generation of players. theHunter: Call of the Wild is built using Apex – Avalanche Open World Engine – award-winning technology crafted during a decade of developing explosive action games.
Become a Hunter. Design the Hunt.
· Acquire and equip a range of rifles, handguns and bows and customize them with scopes and different ammunition types. Find and master your favorites. Practice and steady your aim at the shooting range. Develop your character by unlocking various skills and equipment. Learn how to use callers and scents, but above all else, study your prey: pay close attention to animal behavior, traits and patterns of movement.
· New to hunting? Not a problem. Intelligent systems will aid and assist to make sure you get the most out of your hunt, whether you’re a hopeful novice or grizzled veteran.
Share Hunting Experiences. Earn Bragging Rights.
· In addition to its rich single player experience, theHunter: Call of the Wild offers unique multiplayer options. Join up to 8 friends (or complete strangers!) in cooperative and competitive modes. Enjoy a wide range of in-game challenges and events. Hunting is more rewarding and exciting with friends, so share your experiences and earn those bragging rights.
· Head out with your friends using ATVs. Moving between hunting spots on four wheels is fast, easy and most importantly – a lot of fun. Besides, after a long day of hunting, no one is going to turn down your invitation for an impromptu off-road race!
About Avalanche Studios
Avalanche Studios is the original creator of the award-winning Just Cause franchise, and most recently released Just Cause 3 (published by Square Enix). Just two months earlier, it released Mad Max (published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment). The studio has also created acclaimed twin stick shooter Renegade Ops (published by SEGA) and self-published free-to-play service theHunter (developed by subsidiary Expansive Worlds) with close to 7 million registered players across 190 countries. Avalanche Studios, which is based in Stockholm and New York City, was founded in 2003 by Christofer Sundberg and Linus Blomberg. The studio develops games created using the proprietary Apex – Avalanche Open World Engine, enabling huge open worlds filled with emergent gameplay.