New Pro Tools Licensing Available Now, Giving Customers Access to Future Cloud Features and Software Upgrades through March 2016
Added value for Pro Tools | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software enables customers to get on the Avid MediaCentral Platform now, and stay current into the future
WHAT: On October 10, 2014, Avid® announced that the new Pro Tools® | Software and Pro Tools | HD Software annual upgrade and support plan will include 12 months of upcoming features—such as future cloud collaboration capabilities—as well as a support plan. In addition, customers who buy/upgrade to and activate Pro Tools 11 by December 31, 2014 will receive extended support coverage through March 2016. Building on the software deployment flexibility of Avid EverywhereTM with this new licensing, Avid is making it easy for Pro Tools customers to get on the Avid MediaCentral Platform and stay current into the future.
- Lower upgrade pricing for existing customers
– Starting November 3rd, Avid will enable owners of Pro Tools 9/10, Pro Tools | HD 9/10, Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, and Pro Tools M-Powered to upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11/Pro Tools | HD 11 and access the latest, most powerful workflows—at savings of up to 60% off previous upgrade pricing.
- New Pro Tools | Software purchases also to include future upgrades – Also starting November 3rd, customers can purchase Pro Tools | Software with the annual upgrade and support plan that also includes all Pro Tools | Software upgrades throughout the duration of their plan, cloud collaboration capabilities, as well as one year of renewable Avid Standard Support.
- Avid Support extended through March 2016 – As a special limited-time offer, customers who activate an annual upgrade/support plan for Pro Tools by December 31, 2014 will have their support plan extended through March 31, 2016. That equals up to 17 months of Pro Tools upgrades, updates, and support instead of the usual 12, depending on when customers purchase. Moving forward, customers will be able to easily renew their plan annually for just $199 (Pro Tools) or $599 (Pro Tools | HD) per year to continue receiving support, updates, and upgrades, so they always have access to the latest tools and features.
For more information on the upcoming Pro Tools cloud collaboration capabilities and Avid Marketplace features, watch this video.
Avid Support for Pro Tools benefits include:
- Get help whenever, wherever, and however you need it
- Have world-class experts available worldwide to answer questions and resolve issues
- Stay up to date with included Pro Tools updates and upgrades
- Add hardware coverage for an additional annual fee for total peace of mind
For more information please visit Avid’s website.
WHEN: New Pro Tools licensing is available from November 3, 2014.
Customers must buy/upgrade to and activate Pro Tools 11 by December 31, 2014 to receive extended support coverage through March 2016.
PRICING: Registered owners of Pro Tools 9, Pro Tools 10, or any version of Pro Tools Express, Pro Tools LE, or Pro Tools M-Powered can upgrade or crossgrade to Pro Tools 11* for just $199 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.**
Owners of Pro Tools | HD 9 or Pro Tools | HD 10, or Pro Tools 9 or 10 with the Complete Production Toolkit, can upgrade to Pro Tools | HD 11^ for only $599 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.**
New customers can purchase version 11 of Pro Tools | Software with Standard Support for $899 and receive standard Avid Support through March 31, 2016.**
* An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use Pro Tools 11 software.
** Customers must activate their software by December 31, 2014 to be eligible to get extended support through March 31, 2016.
^ Please note that while Pro Tools | HD 11 can be used as standalone software, it only works with Pro Tools | HDX and Pro Tools | HD Native hardware. An iLok 2 USB key (not included) is required to use the software.
Josh Paterson, Red Lorry Yellow Lorry, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0) 207 403 8878
Through Avid Everywhere™, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world—from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, ISIS®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn; or subscribe to Avid Blogs.