Continued growth with maintained profitability
First quarter summary 2016
- Consolidated sales amounted to SEK 10,395 m (9,566), an increase of 8.7%.
− Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 7.9%.
− Like-for-like sales increased by 5.2%.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 408 m (329), corresponding to an operating margin of 3.9% (3.4%).
- Profit after financial items for the period was SEK 405 m (328).
- Net profit for the period was SEK 316 m (256), and earnings per share were SEK 1.51 (1.22).
- Axfood expects operating profit for 2016 to exceed the outcome for 2015.
For further information, please contact:
Anders Strålman, President and CEO, Axfood AB, +46 70 293 16 93
Karin Hygrell-Jonsson, CFO, Axfood AB, +46 70 662 69 70
Cecilia Ketels, Head of Investor Relations, Axfood AB, +46 72 23 606 43
At Axfood we work with passion for food and people. Our strength is in developing and driving successful grocery formats in the Swedish market with responsibility for the environment and sustainable development. Axfood includes the Willys and Hemköp chains as well as the Tempo, Handlar’n and Direkten formats, which are proprietor-owned and organized within Axfood Närlivs. B2B sales are sold through the Axfood Snabbgross chain, and wholesaling is conducted through Dagab. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, and the principal owner is Axel Johnson AB. Read more at axfood.se.