Year-End Report Axfood AB 1 Jan-31 Dec 2012
Fourth quarter summary
- Axfood's consolidated sales for the period October–December totalled SEK 9,252 m (8,914), an increase of 3.8%.
- Retail sales for Group-owned stores increased by 2.5% during the period.
- Like-for-like sales increased by 0.2% during the period.
- Operating profit for the period was SEK 256 m (322).
- Operating profit was charged with impairment of SEK 55 m for the PrisXtra brand.
- Profit after financial items was SEK 248 m (312) for the period.
- Profit after tax totalled SEK 227 m (226) for the period, and earnings per share were SEK 4.33 (4.32). The reduced company tax rate in Sweden had a positive effect on profit by SEK 50 m.
- The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 12 per share (12).
- Thomas Gäreskog was appointed as the new President of Hemköp.
- Axfood's goal for 2013 is to achieve an operating profit at the same level as in 2012.
Axfood AB conducts food retail and wholesale business in Sweden. Retail business is conducted through the wholly owned store chains Willys, Hemköp and PrisXtra, comprising 246 stores in all. In addition, Axfood collaborates with a number of proprietor-run stores that are tied to Axfood through agreements. These include stores within the Hemköp and Willys chains as well as stores run under the Handlar’n and Tempo profiles. In all, Axfood collaborates with approximately 820 proprietor-run stores. Wholesaling is conducted through Dagab and Axfood Närlivs. Axfood is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm AB's Large Cap list. Axel Johnson AB is the principal owner, with 50,1% of the shares.