Interim Report for the period 1 January – 31 March 2013
First quarter operating income increased by 19 percent First quarter
- Revenues amounted to SEK 638.7 (536.1) million, equivalent to an increase of 19 percent.
- Operating income amounted to SEK 161.1 (174.1) million.
- Gross profit in Casino amounted to SEK 325.4 (308.3) million, which is lower than expected. This is among other things explained by lower activity after the fall out of a pooled record high jackpot by end of January at a competitor site.
- Marketing amounted to SEK 199.4 (135.2) million. The increase is related to NGG and increased marketing investments in the Nordic to meet higher competition and future growth prospects.
- Gross turnover in Sportsbook, including all gaming solutions, amounted to SEK 3,873.6 (2,644.1) million, representing an increase of 47 percent.
- The Sportsbook margin after free bets was 6.7 (7.2) percent
- Income before tax amounted to SEK 160.1 (171.0) million
- Net income amounted to SEK 151.9 (162.3) million, corresponding to SEK 3.54 (3.91) per share.
- Customer deposits in all of Betsson’s gaming solutions amounted to SEK 2,113.9 (1,468.6) million, which represents an increase of 44 percent.
- Betsson acquired the brands www.Sverigeautomaten.com, www.Norgesautomaten.com and www.Danmarksautomaten.com during the quarter.
Betsson AB’s Core Business consists of owning and administering shareholdings in companies which, themselves or through partners, offer gaming to the end users via the internet. Betsson AB owns Betsson Malta which operates gaming to the end users either through their own websites or through partnerships. Betsson Malta offers Poker, Casino, Sportsbook, Scratch Cards, Bingo and Games. The customers come primarily from the Scandinavian countries and other parts of Europe. Betsson AB is listed on NASDAQ OMX Nordic Mid Cap List, (BETS).