Security is key when choosing where to live
Bonava presents Happy Quest, a unique and extensive survey that charts the most important aspects for people in order for them to be happy in their neighbourhoods. The survey was conducted in eight countries and clearly illustrates the ingredients a neighbourhood should have to be considered attractive.
For many people, the approach of autumn means searching for a new home. Therefore, a closer analysis of what we prioritise when choosing a new neighbourhood makes interesting reading. The most fundamental need is security, which 81 percent of the survey respondents stated was important. Other key drivers when choosing an area include how it facilitates leading an active life, for example the ease of getting around on foot and by bicycle (66 percent). The next in order of priority was a convenient way of life (58 percent) and a neighbourhood that promoted a healthy lifestyle (58 percent). The survey also found that it was important to be familiar with the area (57 percent).
- Our goal is to create happy neighbourhoods where people have the highest quality of life. This implies different things for different people in different countries. If we are to continuously evolve and ensure that goal is met, we need to understand what happiness means, which is why we have created Happy Quest, says Joachim Hallengren, President and CEO of Bonava.
Happy Quest also quantifies the level of happiness linked to a neighbourhood. The survey found that residents in Sweden had the highest level of satisfaction with an index rating of 79 (on a scale of 0–100). The overall average was 72 and, when comparing the ratings for all eight countries, the survey showed that St Petersburg and Estonia were at a slightly lower level than other countries.
The data has statistic significance and a total of 8,000 respondents in the following countries participated in the survey: Sweden, Germany, Finland, Denmark, Norway, Russia, Estonia and Latvia. The survey was conducted by the consultancy Cliente.
A few findings from Happy Quest regarding Sweden
- Older people are happier than the younger people in their neighbourhoods (Happy Index 85 versus 68)
- Women are happier than men in their neighbourhoods (Happy Index 80 versus 78)
- Couples are happier than singles in their neighbourhoods (Happy Index 80 versus 75)
- Homeowners are happier than tenants in their neighbourhoods (83 versus 68)
- Those living in houses know their neighbours better than people who live in apartments in their neighbourhoods (84 versus 72)
- Security is the most important aspect when choosing a neighbourhood (88%)
- Security is more important for women than men (91% versus 84%)
For more information, please contact:
Bonava’s media line
Tel: +46 709 556 654
Bonava is a leading residential development company in Northern Europe. Born out of NCC, Bonava has been creating homes and neighbourhoods since the 1930s. Bonava has 1,600 employees and operates in Sweden, Germany, Finland, Denmark, Norway, St. Petersburg, Estonia and Latvia, with sales of SEK 13.5 billion in 2016. The Bonava share is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm.
For more information about us, visit: bonava.com