Interim Report January-June 2016
After the first half year Bong is on track, despite a fierce competition in the envelope market. The cash flow improved in the second quarter and strengthened Bong’s financial position further. The light packaging business, especially within retail, showed a solid growth during the second quarter according to plan. The uncertain political and financial situation in Europe makes it very difficult to predict the second half year but our goal is still to make profit on bottom line for 2016, says Bong’s CEO Stéphane Hamelin.
April – June 2016
- Net sales decreased with 6 percent to SEK 500 million (533)
- Operating profit decreased to SEK -8 million (-6)
- Non-recurring items amounted to SEK 0 million (-6)
- Adjusted EBIT decreased to SEK -8 million (0)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -20 million (-19)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.10 (-0.12)
- Cash flow after investing activities SEK 20 million (-58)
January – June 2016
- Net sales decreased with 9 percent to SEK 1,066 million (1,172)
- Operating profit improved to SEK 4 million (-9)
- Non-recurring items amounted to SEK 0 million (-24)
- Adjusted operating profit decreased to SEK 4 million (15)
- Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 323 million (-39)
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.58 (-0.25)
- Cash flow after investing activities SEK 27 million (-54)
This information is information that Bong AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication at 15.45 CET on 18 July 2016.
Bong is one of the leading providers of specialty packaging and envelope products in Europe and offers solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are packaging within retail and e-commerce and the envelope market within Eastern Europe. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 2.2 billion and about 1,600 employees in 16 countries.
Bong has strong market positions in most of the important markets in Europe and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued expansion and development. Bong is a public limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Håkan Gunnarsson, CFO for Bong AB. Tel (switchboard) 46 44-20 70 00