Interim Report January-September 2011
“One year after the merger with Hamelin, a new and stronger Bong is taking shape. The work to realise synergies is progressing as planned and earnings and cash flow are significantly better than last year,” says Bong President and CEO Anders Davidsson. “We are continuing with unabated vigour to adapt capacity to current market conditions and we are running several efficiency improvement projects in parallel to secure long-term competitiveness and profitability.”
July– September 2011
- Net sales of SEK 751 million (418)
- ProPac sales of SEK 112 million (72)
- Operating profit of SEK 15 million (-9)
- Profit after tax of SEK 1 million (-18)
- Cash flow after investments of SEK 3 million (2)
- Earnings per share: SEK 0.07 (-1.35)
- Acquisition of a 50% stake in the packaging company Angus & Wright
January– September 2011
- Net sales of SEK 2,353 million (1,387)
- ProPac sales of SEK 348 million (233)
- Operating profit of SEK 57 million (15)
- Profit after tax of SEK 8 million (-11)
- Cash flow after investments of SEK 70 million (-17)
- Earnings per share: SEK 0.40 (-0.86)
Bong is a leading provider of specialised packaging and envelope products in Europe, offering solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are the ProPac packaging concept and Russia. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 3 billion and about 2,400 employees in 15 countries. Bong has a strong market position, particularly in Northern Europe, and the Group sees attractive opportunities for further expansion and development. Bong is a public limited company whose stock is quoted on the NASDAQ OMX Nordic Stock Exchange Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Anders Davidsson, President and CEO, Bong AB.
+46 (0)40 17 60 00 (main exchange), +46 (0)40 17 60 05 (direct line), +46 (0)70 545 70 80 (mobile).