Year-end Report January-December 2016
The fourth quarter result was fairly strong, both within envelopes and light packaging, generating a strong cash flow. We can conclude that our increased focus towards sales of light packaging during 2016 has now started to show result in terms of growth. The focus towards light packaging will be intensified during 2017 and we will also continue our work to make the envelope business more efficient in order to be even more competitive in the market. The strong cash flow, especially in Q4, enable us to carry on with this strategy, says Bong’s CEO Håkan Gunnarsson.
October – December 2016
• Net sales decreased with 6 percent to SEK 579 million (613)
• Operating profit before depreciation increased to SEK 28 million (25)
• Non-recurring items amounted to SEK -11 million (-12)
• Adjusted EBIT before depreciation increased to SEK 39 million (37)
• Operating profit increased to SEK 15 million (1)
• Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -1 million (-13)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.01 (-0.08)
• Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK 23 million (5)
January – December 2016
• Net sales decreased with 9 percent to SEK 2,135 million (2,345)
• Operating profit before depreciation decreased to SEK 61 million (70)
• Non-recurring items amounted to SEK -18 million (-36)
• Adjusted EBIT before depreciation decreased to SEK 79 million (106)
• Operating profit increased to SEK 9 million (-5)
• Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 297 million (-64)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.42 (-0.41)
• Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK 30 million (-75)
Bong is one of the leading providers of specialty packaging and envelope products in Europe and offers solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are packaging within retail and e-commerce and the envelope market within Eastern Europe. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 2.1 billion and about 1,500 employees in 15 countries.
Bong has strong market positions in most of the important markets in Europe and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued development. Bong is a public limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Håkan Gunnarsson, CEO for Bong AB. Tel (switchboard) 46 44-20 70 00
This information is information that Bong AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 8am CET on February 16 2017.