Year-end report January-December 2017
The fourth quarter developed positively for Bong. Stable envelope sales and qrowth in light packaging compared to previous year contributed to a continued improvement in earnings. The milestone of a positive result before tax for the full year was achieved. The cash flow was also strong and this allows for continued investments in light packaging to accelerate Bongs transformation, says Bong’s CEO Håkan Gunnarsson.
October – December 2017
• Net sales amounted to SEK 578 million (579)
• Operating profit before depreciation increased to SEK 29 million (28)
• Operating profit increased to SEK 17 million (15)
• Non-recurring items amounted to SEK -5 million (-11)
• Earnings after tax amounted to SEK 8 million (-1)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.03 (-0.01)
• Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK 27 million (23)
January – December 2017
• Net sales decreased with 2 percent to SEK 2,095 million (2,135)
• Operating profit before depreciation increased to SEK 91 million (61)
• Operating profit increased to SEK 45 million (9)
• Non-recurring items amounted to SEK -5 million (-18)
• Earnings after tax amounted to SEK -9 million (297)
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK -0.06 (1.42)
• Cash flow after investing activities amounted to SEK 43 million (30)
Bong is one of the leading providers of specialty packaging and envelope products in Europe and offers solutions for distribution and packaging of information, advertising materials and lightweight goods. Important growth areas in the Group are packaging within retail and e-commerce and the envelope market within Eastern Europe. The Group has annual sales of approximately SEK 2.1 billion and about 1,400 employees in 14 countries.
Bong has strong market positions in most of the important markets in Europe and the Group sees interesting possibilities for continued development. Bong is a public limited company and its shares are listed on Nasdaq Stockholm (Small Cap).
For further information, please contact Håkan Gunnarsson, CEO for Bong AB. Tel (switchboard) 46 44-20 70 00
This is information that Bong AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 08.00 CET on 15 February 2018.