Brighter draws down the sixth tranche under the financing agreement with L1 Capital and issues additional free warrants to its shareholders.
Brighter has called upon a sixth Tranche of SEK 10 million in line with the terms from the financing agreement communicated on the 26thof April 2017. The transaction is carried out through a private placement of convertible notes with warrants attached. It is the sixth tranche out of a total of up to 8 tranches totaling SEK 100 million. It is precised that SEK 62.6 million of Notes of the previous Tranches out of the SEK 70 million have been converted into equity as of today, strengthening the company’s balance sheet.
This investment as part of the agreement as such, serves as a great foundation regarding availability of financial resources for the company’s continuous strategic and product development and enables Brighter to make further progress preparing for the launch and production of Actiste on national and international markets.
In connection with this transaction, Brighter will, similarly to the previous Tranches, also issue free warrants to existing shareholders, to protect them against dilution. The record date to receive one (1) free shareholder warrant (TO4) for every sixtytwo (62) shares is May 22, 2018, which means that the last day of trading of shares including the right to receive TO4 is May 18, 2018. The first day of trading in the share excluding the right to TO4 will be May 21, 2018. The free shareholder warrants are of the same type as the investor’s.
Highlights about the transaction:
- Sixth Tranche issued under a Private placement of SEK 10 million launched today through the issuance of Notes with Warrants attached.
- Upon the full exercise of the Warrants of the previous and this sixth Tranches and the related Shareholders Warrants, the investment can reach an additional SEK 77.3 million. It is reminded that Brighter already received SEK 6.9 million from the exercise of Warrants TO3 and TO4 on previous exercise periods.
- L1 Capital and Brighter have agreed that the Warrants issued under this sixth Tranche shall be the same as those issued under the second, third and fourth Tranches, i.e. TO4, in order to maintain a visible and simplified structure of the instruments already admitted to trading on Nasdaq First North.
- The Warrants TO4, issued from the reserve held by Brighter One AB, expire on 8 September 2020 and are immediately detached from the Notes. Each Warrant gives right to subscribe for one (1) new share in Brighter at a fixed strike price of SEK 6.01, subject to standard adjustments.
- The Warrants will be admitted to trading on Nasdaq First North, together with the existing TO4 already traded under the same ISIN code.
- Assuming the exercise of all the Warrants before their maturity, the Investor will be entitled to subscribe for a further maximum number of 831,946 shares, subject to standard adjustments.
- Principal amount of SEK 100,000 per Note.
- Interest free.
- Maturity of 18 months.
- Conversion price 6% discount over the reference price. (Reference price is the lowest daily volume weighted average price (VWAP) during the 15 trading days preceding the conversion date).
- Brighter has the option to remit cash or shares in the capital.
- Expire on 8 September 2020.
- Strike price is SEK 6.01
- Number of Warrants per tranche to the Investor is the tranche amount divided by (strike price multiplied by two).
- As close as possible to 130% of Warrants are issued to Brighter’s shareholders per tranche as a protection mechanism against dilution.
The terms and conditions of the Notes and the Warrants will also be published on Brighter's website (http://brighter.se/en/investors/documents/).
Information about the financing agreement, including a follow-up table of the conversions, the number of Notes and the number of Warrants is also available under the following link: https://brighter.se/en/investors/financing-through-l1-capital/.
For more information, please contact:
Truls Sjöstedt, CEO
Tel: +46 709 73 46 00
Ann Zetterberg, CFO
Tel: +46 708 37 21 23
Brighter is a Swedish-based company that, from a unique IP portfolio, creates smart solutions for one of healthcare’s biggest challenges: changing patient behavior. Chronic diseases such as diabetes are rapidly increasing, and account for an increasing share of healthcare costs globally. Brighter's Business Model and Multi-Sided Market Platform - The Benefit Loop™ - is based on the fact that many special interests create value for each other. By increasing access to valid health data, Brighter creates value for all stakeholders in the care chain: patients and their close associates, healthcare providers, research institutes, the pharmaceutical industry, and society as a whole. www.brighter.se
Brighter's solution Actiste® handles most of the self-monitoring and treatment of insulin-treated diabetes in a single easy-to-use device. Measurement of glucose levels, insulin injections, automatic logging, and timing of all activities are performed from a single unit. Actiste is connected via an autonomous and secure mobile connection, and information can be automatically shared with selected recipients through The Benefit Loop®, Brighter's open cloud-based service where data is collected, processed and analyzed with patient consent.
Validated user-generated data, such as glucose levels or insulin doses, can be automatically transferred electronically to many different constituents. The patient selects when and how data is shared and who will have access to it. Through The Benefit Loop, different services can motivate patients with chronic illnesses to change their behavior, which can save lives, reduce relatives' concerns, and release enormous healthcare resources. www.actiste.com
The Company's shares are listed on NASDAQOMX First North/BRIG. Brighter’s Certified Adviser on Nasdaq OMX First North is Remium Nordic Holding AB +46 (0)8 – 454 32 50, CorporateFinance@remium.com, www.remium.com.
This information is information that Brighter AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact persons set out above, at 13:00 CEST May 14, 2018.
This press release contains inside information as referred to in article 7 paragraph 1 of Regulation (EU) 596/2014 (Market Abuse Regulation).
With respect to Member States of the European Economic Area that have transposed European Directive 2003/71/EC of the European Parliament and European Council (as amended in particular by Directive 2010/73/EU to the extent that the said Directive has been transposed into each Member State of the European Economic Area), no action has been taken or will be taken to permit a public offering of the securities referred to in this press release requiring the publication of a prospectus in any Member State.
This press release and the information it contains do not, and will not, constitute an offer to subscribe for or sell, nor the solicitation of an offer to subscribe for or buy, securities of Brighter in the United States of America or any other jurisdiction. Securities may not be offered or sold in the United States of America absent registration or an exemption from registration under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act"), it being specified that the securities of Brighter have not been and will not be registered within the US Securities Act. Brighter does not intend to register securities or conduct a public offering in the United States of America.