BrightSign and UK-based signagelive Collaboration Brings Affordable, Full-Featured Digital Signage Solutions to 35 Countries
BrightSign ISE 2012 Stand #10K136
signagelive ISE 2012 Stand #10P115
LOS GATOS, CA – 17 January 2012 – BrightSign, LLC®, a trusted name in feature-rich digital sign and kiosk controllers that are affordable and easy to use, announced today that it has teamed with UK-based signagelive® to ensure full compatibility between their products. Distributed in 35 countries, signagelive's multi-award winning, cloud-based digital signage software can now be paired with the pristine HD quality and high reliability of BrightSign's PC-less digital players. During ISE 2012 opening on 31 January, signagelive will be providing live demos of the new BrightSign-driven solutions and examples of real life applications at its ISE Stand #10P115.
Initially, signagelive is launching two new versions of signagelive that support BrightSign’s popular line of four network-enabled players: the BrightSign Standard Edition with full screen media support, and a BrightSign Pro Edition with multi-zone content capabilities.
“We selected BrightSign players for their proven reliability, advanced features and ability to get the most out of our signagelive platform,” said Jason Cremins, CEO of signagelive. “For the first time, the BrightSign range of networked devices can be integrated with signagelive to provide a solution that rivals the technical capabilities and stability of more expensive PC-based solutions. It is my belief that our combined offering provides the best price/performance of any digital signage solution available today.”
“We're very pleased to have the opportunity to expand our worldwide presence with a leading software brand like signagelive,'' said Jeff Hastings, BrightSign CEO. “BrightSign and signagelive are both strong, well-respected brands with loyal customer bases that continue to grow. We view the combination of our brands as a win-win situation that will accelerate business opportunities for everyone involved, including the distribution and reseller channels.”
signagelive delivers a “software as a service” (SaaS) platform for digital signage. The software provides the tools for layout creation, content uploading, scheduling, delivery, playback and reporting of digital media content over fixed and mobile Internet connections. Key benefits of signagelive include:
* No upfront costs — signagelive is a cloud-based application that eliminates upfront costs for installing and maintaining expensive servers to run the digital signage network
* No hidden costs — users pay a single, competitive price per month or year per connected player
* Scalable from 1 player to 1,000s — digital signage networks can grow as needed
* Powerful but easy to use — intuitive and easy to use, signagelive customers are generally up and running in 20 minutes with little or no help
* Network management from anywhere — using a standard web-browser, users can log in to their signagelive network from anywhere in the world to manage their content and players
* Both HQ and local control — signagelive enables content from the head office to be interspersed with content updated at each site location to create dynamic and targeted media
* Simplified deployment -- uses the SMIL open standard
Key benefits of BrightSign network-enabled players include:
* Solid-state platform for increased reliability -- no moving parts to fail
* Low power requirement -- about 3-5 watts, compared to 70-90 watts for an average PC
* Full HD at 1080p resolutions -- for eye-catching displays
* Network-enabled -- for content updates from remote locations as well as RSS text and image feeds, SMS text messages
* Fully scalable -- displays can be easily upgraded as the user's needs change
* Easy to deploy -- runs on an open API platform
* Easy to manage -- for even non-technical users
BrightSign offers four networked models that are compatible with the signagelive solution. The HD210 and HD1010 provide Ethernet ports for wired networking connections. For increased mobility and versatility, BrightSign also offers solid-state media controllers with built-in Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n) capabilities. By eliminating the complexity, clutter and restrictions of connecting cables, the wireless HD210w and HD1010w models save time while lowering deployment costs because users don’t have to run network cabling to spaces that normally wouldn’t have them.
With the benefits the BrightSign players and signagelive software provide, combining them makes a compelling solution for a broad range of vertical sectors ranging from single-screen solutions in schools to thousands of devices around the world for retail brands and digital media owners.
Distributed in 35 countries in multiple languages, the signagelive editions that support BrightSign network-enabled players include the BrightSign Standard Edition and the BrightSign Pro Edition. Free support and free updates to the signagelive software are included with the software. signagelive also provides free 30-day trials. signagelive editions compatible with BrightSign players are available to distributors and resellers from www.medium.co.uk
BrightSign offers a complete family of network-enabled digital signage controllers ranging from the HD210 with simple looping video playback and the HD210w (wireless) to the HD1010 interactive player and the HD1010w (wireless). BrightSign networked digital players are available from the BrightSign Store with prices starting at US $399.99. Included at no additional cost with all BrightSign players, BrightAuthor is a PC software application for creating, publishing and managing BrightSign presentations.
Based in London, signagelive is a private company and a world leader in cloud-powered media delivery solutions, providing a platform that runs even the largest retail networks reliably, efficiently and cost effectively. Signagelive customers are assured of solutions that are relentlessly current, nimble, well supported, open, easy to use, and truly affordable. Signagelive wins awards and repeat customers by leading the sector in the adoption of new technologies and standards like SMIL, HTML5, Media RSS, social media and mobile, and extending the medium to corporate desktops and IPTV. For more information, visit www.signagelive.com or call (312) 725-4584 in the US and +44 (0) 1799 30110 internationally.
# # #
High-resolution images and additional information are available from: Elaine Hodson,
BrightSign and the BrightSign logo are registered trademarks of BrightSign, LLC in the United States and other countries.
signagelive is a registered trademark of Remote Media Group
All other trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Specifications subject to change without notice.