Beatties Ford Road Regional Library celebrates 60 years of service to the community
To mark the anniversary, Beatties Ford Road Regional Library is hosting a free, public celebration on Saturday, May 6 from 12 - 4 p.m., with food, live music, fun programs for all ages, and moments for members of the community to speak about the history of influence this library has had on the community for 60 years.
Festivities on May 6 include:
- 12 to 1 p.m. - Live music, photo booth, refreshments, face painting and words from the community
- 1:15 p.m. - Welcoming remarks
- 1:30 to 3 p.m. - Local Authors' Storytime Hour. Featured guests include Kimberly Dixon, author of A Song So Sweet ; Jessica McEachern, author of When I Grow Up ; and Rene Brown, author of The Big Rig Kids .
- 3 to 4 p.m. - Digital outreach, library card sign up
- All day - The 4th Annual Free Comic Book Day ( See details .)
Beatties Ford Road Regional Library is located at 2412 Beatties Ford Road in Charlotte. This location replaced the historical North Branch that served the neighborhood since 1957.
"My staff and I are excited about our upcoming celebration and to share this momentous occasion with our community," said manager Alecia Mitchell. "Engagement within our footprint is our number one priority, and we look forward to another 60 years of service.”
The library is open Monday through Thursday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday and Saturday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sunday from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. (After Memorial Day, Charlotte Mecklenburg Library will switch to summer hours, and all branches will be closed on Sundays.) For more information call the branch at 704-416-3000 or isit cmlibrary.org .