TTC GOES FROM STRENGTH TO STRENGTH WITH ITS GROWING PRODUCT RANGE
In 2011, TTC partnered with a number of market leading OE manufacturers to grow its OE product range and offer customers a wider choice of product. This enabled TTC to expand further into the Truck Parts market, while maintaining their traditional Trailer Parts range.
TTC became national distributors for Remy Heavy Duty Rotating Electrics. Remy, is the world's No. 1 in Starters and Alternators, with more than 100 years of experience and is one of the leading suppliers of high quality new and remanufactured parts in Europe, offering over 6,000 part numbers in range, covering 98% of the truck parc.
TTC stock over 450 Remy part numbers at its National Distribution Centre in Crewe, covering the UK LCV & HCV aftermarket. Remy's OE quality processes mean that they are the only supplier able to offer a 24 month no quibble warranty - this is unique in the aftermarket, offering TTC a great opportunity to grow in this area.
Fleetguard Filtration also joined forces with TTC to offer an extensive range of both air and liquid filtration to the UK aftermarket, complimented by a range of cooling system products and additives. This is in addition to TTC’s established range of Mann Filters which also covers over 1,000 references.
TTC partnered with Monroe Magnum, a premium OE brand offering an extensive range of shock absorbers, again stocked in TTC’s NDC in Crewe, offering Axle shocks, Cab dampers and Seat dampers, covering LCV, HCV, Trailer & PSV.
TTC continued to grow their relationship with market leading battery manufacturer, Yuasa and TTC believe the Yuasa technical team has developed the optimum design, taking into account extensive commercial vehicle fleet trials and Yuasa’s global market experience.
As well as offering these leading OE brand names, 2011 also saw TTC launch some if it’s own exclusive product ranges under the TTC brand ‘ the quality alternative’, including: clutch and braking products.
The TTC brake pad range was approved and tested in the UK (at MIRA) with E11 Reg 90 approvals, and all brake pads are clearly marked on the backing plate with E11 number, TTC part number and batch code for full traceability. The friction materials are benchmarked against OE pad materials and formulated to suit vehicle type and application.
Specialist Body Parts manufacturer Covind also partnered with TTC in 2011, to offer the UK CV market OEM equivalent Body Parts. As a TÜV approved supplier, quality and safety is assured and by partnering with TTC, Covind have benefitted by making their parts readily available to the crash damage repair market through TTC’s unrivalled distribution channels. TTC’s Air Brake Centre in Lincoln and National Distribution Centre in Crewe were both upgraded to enable these large body components to be stocked on site and dispatched on TTC’s next day delivery service – a service proposition that no other CV distributor can offer.
Darren Miller, Head of Marketing at TTC added: “We now offer the whole package in terms of leading OE brands and TTC’s own branded ‘quality alternative’ product, all of which is stocked at our warehouses in Crewe and Lincoln. Couple this with our high level of availability and same day/next day delivery services, TTC are able to offer its customers a very competitive service proposition. Providing an unrivalled service and product offering to the commercial vehicle aftermarket, enables TTC to develop long term partnerships with many of the industries leading product brands.
2012 will see TTC continuing to grow these key supply partner relationships and develop each of these product ranges to ensure they are meeting their customer needs, as well as growing it’s own range of ‘quality alternative’ parts through the TTC brand.”
TTC Editors’ notes:
• TTC is the truck and trailer component distribution arm of the Unipart Group, which employs more than 10,000 personnel worldwide and has an annual turnover of more than £1billion.
• Unipart Group is a leading full service logistics provider and consultant in operational excellence operatingacross a range of market sectors, including automotive, leisure, marine, manufacturing, mobile telecoms, rail, retail and technology, Unipart offers a breadth of services from third-party logistics to expert consultancy.
• Established more than 30 years ago, TTC has grown to become the leading independent brand in commercial vehicle parts and accessories in the UK and gained a well-earnedreputation in the UK CV parts aftermarket for product quality, personal service and excellent product availability.
• TTC offers its customers the most comprehensive catalogue in the industry with product lines for the LCV, truck, trailer and PSV sectors, all easily accessible through a network of specialist CV parts distributors to all areas in the UK and Eire.
• For more information please visit www.ttcuk.co.uk