Media Advisory: CIMSPA West Midlands Rising Talent Launch
Date: Thursday 5 July 2012
Location: theclubandspa, The Cube, Mailbox District, Birmingham, B1 1RN
Time: 6.00pm – 9.30pm
Format: Speed presentations by senior figures from the sport and physical activity sector, followed by informal networking, with interview and photo opportunities
Contact: Michelle Leavesley, Citydesk Sport, 0121 710 4467,
The Chartered Institute for the Management for Sport and Physical Activity (CIMSPA) will be launching its Rising Talent programme at an informal networking event at theclubandspa Birmingham on Thursday 5 July, which will provide local students and young professionals with the opportunity to receive careers advice and mentoring from senior sector executives. Rising Talent aims to improve the employability of students and young professionals pursuing careers in sport and physical activity, in response to the low national levels of employment amongst the under-30 age group.
The event will provide opportunities for quotes, interviews and photo opportunities with the following people:
- Sean Holt, CEO, CIMSPA.
- Steve Philpott, CEO, DC Leisure.
- David Stalker, CEO, Fitness Industry Association (FIA).
- Michelle Leavesley, Managing Director, Citydesk Sport.
- Debbi Rawson, Coordinator, Premier League 4 Sport.
- Judith Handley, Development Officer, Rounders England.
- Lauren Bullock, Aquatics Officer, Amateur Swimming Association (ASA).
- Paul Douglas, Director of Coaching, City of Birmingham Basketball Club.
- Chris Sigsworth, Rugby Development Officer for Birmingham, Rugby Football Union (RFU).
- Amy Bird, CIMSPA West Midlands Rising Talent representative.
- Event attendees.
- Launched in 2011, CIMSPA is the professional development body for the UK’s sport and physical activity sector.
- CIMSPA provides leadership, support and empowerment for professionals working in sport and physical activity and a single unified voice for the sector. It also aims to drive standards of professional practice, which in turn will support increased participation, outcomes and profit.
- CIMSPA has been awarded Chartership status by the Royal Privy Council, which came into effect at the start of January 2012.
- The sport and physical activity sector is one of the most youthful in the UK, with around 30% of its workforce aged under-30 (SkillsActive).
- This event marks the national launch of the Rising Talent programme, but other events will be held in CIMSPA’s other home nations/regions across the UK: Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland, North East, North West, Yorkshire & Humber, East Midlands, East, South East, London and South West.
- theclubandspa Birmingham is an inspirational health club and spa with unrivalled facilities, set within the most prestigious landmark in the Mailbox district.
- Attached is a promotional flyer for the event. CIMSPA WM RT 5 July Flyer
Citydesk Sport on behalf of CIMSPA
The Fireworks, 3-6 The Old Fire Station, 68 Albion Street, Birmingham B1 3EA
office 00 44 845 680 8307
direct 00 44 121 710 4467
mobile 00 44 7957 424 033
Social Media putting your brand at risk? www.crowdcontrolhq.com
Information contained in this email or any attachment may be of a confidential nature, which should not be disclosed to, copied or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your computer. Virus Warning: Although this email and any attachment are believed to be free from viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free. No responsibility is accepted by Citydesk Ltd. for any loss or damage arising in any way from their receipt, opening or use. Citydesk Ltd. Registered in England & Wales Company Number 06579988 Registered