Quirky campaign leaves Shropshire hungry for tennis
An exciting and invigorating campaign to get more people playing tennis in Shropshire guarantees to tickle people’s taste buds.
Tennis Shropshire have this week unveiled an exciting and ‘delicious’ programme of activities aimed at getting more people in the county playing tennis.
They’ve come up with a campaign, called Taste Tennis, calling on people to combine their love of food with the game.
On Saturday May 11 Tennis Shropshire kick-start their week-long Taste Tennis campaign highlighting the benefits of the variety of tennis formats on offer through a record number of activities planned.
The novel events include a number of innovative ways to engage people in the sport, from a round of tennis during a breakfast network meeting, or a spot of beer tasting and a bacon bap, right through to a bake off between busy mums looking to take part in sport in a friendly, welcoming and non-competitive environment.
Chris Hinks, Chair of Tennis Shropshire, explained:
“We are really excited about the launch of Taste Tennis and believe it will help people who don’t play the sport or perhaps who used to play to come back and see the variety of different formats on offer.
All too often people say that they don’t have time to look after themselves and take part in exercise.
But time is no longer a problem thanks to the varying formats of tennis sessions on offer through Taste Tennis.
From mums with their kids in tow, right through to those looking for a quick cardio session or businessmen and women looking to network, Taste Tennis provides a format of the game to suit everybody’s lifestyle.”
Mr Hinks said the focus of the week-long activity programme is to encourage people to experience different formats of the game, emulating the high level of customer service experience that is often received at top notch restaurants.
“The link to food is perfect, we want to demonstrate that tennis is for everyone, whatever their flavour.
We have also teamed up with the Gourmet Society to offer our participants the chance to enjoy one month’s free membership which entitles them to up to 50 per cent discount off meals at thousands of restaurants across the country.”
If you would like to take part in a Taste Tennis session near you, then log on to www.lta.org.uk/tastetennis/
Notes to editors:
Further information: www.lta.org.uk/tastetennis/
- Tennis Shropshire oversee the delivery of tennis in Shrophsire on behalf of the Lawn Tennis Association (LTA) – the national governing body for British tennis whose goal is to grow and sustain the sport.
- Tennis Shropshire is responsible for the development of tennis clubs, centres, coaches, competitions, schools and parks in the county.
- County office located at Telford Tennis Centre, Wrockwardine Wood, Telford.
- The Gourmet Society is the UK’s first national dining club.
- The Gourmet Society offers members up to 50% off meals at over 6,000 restaurants across the UK (from national chains such as Loch Fyne, La Tasca, handmade burger Co. and Prezzo to thousands of independents including numerous AA Rosette awarded and Michelin-starred restaurants).
- Further information: http://www.gourmetsociety.co.uk/ Twitter:@GourmetSociety
Donna Roddy, Citydesk Sport, on behalf of Tennis Shropshire.
The Fireworks, 3-6 The Old Fire Station, 68 Albion Street, Birmingham B1 3EA
direct 0121 710 4482
Social Media putting your brand at risk? www.crowdcontrolhq.com
Information contained in this email or any attachment may be of a confidential nature, which should not be disclosed to, copied or used by anyone other than the addressee. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your computer. Virus Warning: Although this email and any attachment are believed to be free from viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that they are virus free. No responsibility is accepted by Citydesk Ltd. for any loss or damage arising in any way from their receipt, opening or use. Citydesk Ltd. Registered in England & Wales Company Number 06579988 Registered