Corel Celebrates User Talent with 2013 CorelDRAW International Design Contest
Over $100,000 US in prizes to be won
Maidenhead, UK – Friday 1 March, 2013 – Corel today kicked off the CorelDRAW® International Design Contest. Until Sunday 30 June 2013, users from around the world can submit work they created using CorelDRAW® and Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X6. With six categories and prizes worth over $100,000 US available, this year’s Design Contest aims to celebrate the creativity and versatility of the CorelDRAW community.
“The CorelDRAW International Design Contest offers the chance for our users to show their talent and design style to the world,” said Gérard Métrailler, Sr. Director, Product Management, Graphics at Corel. “Our users constantly inspire us, and this is our opportunity to highlight their work so they can inspire others as well.”
Categories and Prizes
Participants can submit entries into any of the following categories:
- Advertising/Specialty Graphics – Examples of flyers, brochures, logos, signs, banners, awards, engraving, and other designs related to advertising, marketing or point of purchase (POP)
- Vehicle Wraps – Designs for car, truck, boat or other vehicle wraps
- Textile/Fashion Design – Designs for fashion, embroidery and direct-to-garment printing
- General Illustration and Fine Art – Artistic, creative and unique designs
- Student – Designs submitted by students who are formally enrolled in an educational institution
- Bonus Category: Speed Drawing Video – Time-lapse videos showing creation of a design in CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT X6 (max 10 minutes). Designs submitted in another category can also be submitted in this category
Judging will take place throughout July 2013 and Corel will announce winners at the end of August. Three winners, including one grand-prize winner, will be chosen for each category, resulting in a total of 18 winners.
The grand prize winner will receive a Roland VersaStudio BN-20 Desktop Printer/Cutter, free Wilcom Embroidery Studio Designing and $10,000 in cash. Other prizes include products from Wilcom, SkyFonts, Wacom and Corel.
“Partnering with the CorelDRAW International Design Contest gives us another outlet to help designers get the most out of their finished product,” said Andrew Oransky, Director of Marketing and Product Management, Roland. “The grand-prize VersaStudio is a versatile production tool that will help Corel users expand their capabilities.”
The Fine Print
All design submissions are subject to the official rules found at www.corel.com/design-contest
All designs must be submitted in CorelDRAW X6 or Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6 and received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on Sunday 30 June, 2013. The winning designs will be announced on or about Saturday 31 August, 2013. Contest participants may download a free, fully functional trial of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (PHOTO-PAINT is included in the trial) through the contest website at www.corel.com/design-contest The new subscription program allows participants to download a fully functional version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 for use on a monthly or annual basis.
Meet the CorelDRAW Community
- Join the community at www.corelDRAW.com
- Connect with CorelDRAW on Facebook
- Follow our updates @CorelDRAW
- A promotional video has been uploaded to YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-02L3CsnbpQ
- A logo for the International Design Contest can be found at www.corel.co.uk/newsroom
Corel is one of the world's top software companies providing some of the industry’s best-known graphics, productivity and digital media products. Boasting the most comprehensive portfolio of innovative software, Corel has built a reputation for delivering solutions that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of creativity and productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for innovation, design and value.
Used by millions of people around the world, Corel’s product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter®, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio® and Corel® WordPerfect® Office. For more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
© 2013 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, the Corel Balloon logo, CorelDRAW, PaintShop, Painter, PHOTO-PAINT, VideoStudio and WordPerfect are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. All other names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
UK, Benelux & Nordics
+44 1628 589850