Corel Launches New 3D Animation Software: Corel® MotionStudio 3D™
New release makes it easy for anyone to add Hollywood flare and create exciting 3D visual effects for use in their video productions.
Maidenhead, UK – September 21, 2011 – Corel today announced the release of Corel® MotionStudio 3D ™ , the latest addition to the company’s Digital Media product line. A complete 3D titling and animation application, MotionStudio 3D makes it easy for home video enthusiasts, graphics professionals, and web designers to enhance their projects with sophisticated title effects, motion graphics and 3D animation. MotionStudio 3D features an intuitive user interface and an Easy Pallet which allows users to quickly apply 3D pre-sets to their text, graphics, or Web-based projects. Optimized for the latest GPU and CPU chipsets, MotionStudio 3D delivers a fast and responsive experience to users, allowing them to apply effects and view their changes in real-time.
Bringing Hollywood Home
With MotionStudio 3D, it’s easy for anyone to apply Hollywood- style effects to their home video productions. Users can create memorable title sequences by making text bounce, twist and explode. They can also create and embellish 3D objects by adding realistic motion blur and lighting, as well as particle effects such as fire, smoke and snow. When their video project is complete, editors can easily export their work directly to VideoStudio Pro X4 or any other video-editing software.
New Dimension of Graphic Design
In addition to video production, MotionStudio 3D is ideal for designers looking to author 3D graphics for print, web or Flash. With its support for both vector and raster formats used in popular programs such as CorelDRAW®, users of MotionStudio 3D can import their custom designs and quickly convert them into 3D objects for banners, logos and animation. With dedicated 3D tools and exceptional hardware acceleration, users can edit in real-time and maintain their creative flow.
MotionStudio 3D Key Features
- Easy-to-use 3D titling and text animation: Add excitement and impact to your movie with dynamic titles and text. Automatically extrude everyday 2D text to 3D and create instant 3D titles with just one click. Apply sophisticated effects to your text, making it bounce, stretch, disintegrate, rotate and much more.
- Powerful particle systems: Create high-end effects by adding fire, snow, smoke, starfields, explosions and other phenomena with MotionStudio 3D particle effects. Control the size, source, density and behaviour of the particles.
- High-speed preview: With MotionStudio 3D, you don’t have to wait to see your work. Assemble and playback your production in high resolution or in anaglyph or side-by-side 3D—in real time—in the Preview Panel.
- Import vector and raster graphics : For increased design flexibility, you can easily import your own original graphics to use in your 3D animation project. MotionStudio 3D supports both vector and raster formats, including Adobe® Illustrator® (AI), Windows® Metafiles (WMF), and Enhanced Metafiles (EMF).
- Easily export from MotionStudio 3D in a wide variety of animation, image and video formats : Export your project as a 3D model with support for DirectX and 3D Studio formats. Output animated projects with audio directly to Corel VideoStudio Pro X4 or choose one of several commonly used formats, including AVI, 3GPP, MOV, MPEG, MP4 and WMV and import to your video editing software of choice. You can also create JPEG, BMP, GIF and TGA image files of your titles and animations. Plus, export projects in GIF or Flash (SWF) formats for use on the web.
- Create Alpha Channels: Generate an alpha channel when exporting to 32 bit AVI files or a transparent background when exporting to Flash SWF. Exporting with an alpha channel allows you to precisely overlay particle systems like fire and smoke within your video application.
- Output to 3D: Create 3D video for anaglyph or side-by-side viewing systems. Use the instant preview to see what you’re creating as you work.
For a full list of the features in MotionStudio 3D, please visit www.corel.co.uk/motionstudio3d
Availability and Pricing
Corel MotionStudio 3D is available as a download from
in English, German, French, Dutch, Italian, Spanish and Polish for £79.99 including VAT. Registered users of Corel® VideoStudio® Pro X4 are eligible to purchase for the special price of £69.99 including VAT.
Media & Blogger Resources
For additional Corel MotionStudio 3D resources including reviewer's materials, images and videos, please visit www.corel.co.uk/newsroom/
- Connect with VideoStudio users on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/corelvideostudio
- Follow our Twitter updates at @videostudio
- Join our community at PhotoVideoLife.com
Note to Press:
For more information about Corel MotionStudio 3D or to speak to a member of the product team, please contact:
Corel is one of the world’s top software companies with more than 100 million active users in over 75 countries. We develop software that helps people express their ideas and share their stories in more exciting, creative and persuasive ways. Through the years, we’ve built a reputation for delivering innovative, trusted products that are easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for software innovation, design and value.
Our award winning product portfolio includes some of the world's most widely recognized and popular software brands, including CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Digital Studio™, Corel® Painter™, Corel DESIGNER® Technical Suite, Corel® PaintShop™ Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WinDVD®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, Corel® MotionStudio 3D™ and WinZip®.
© 2011 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel balloon logo, the Corel logo, Corel DESIGNER, CorelDRAW, Digital Studio , MotionStudio 3D, PaintShop, Painter, PictureTubes, VideoStudio, WordPerfect, WinDVD and WinZip are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries in Canada and the United States. All other product names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
Tel: 44 (0) 1628 589 845