Award-Winning Director Aaron Biebert Hosts “Winston Man” and Dr. Sally Satel for Panel on October 28th about Saving A Billion Lives
-- Critically-Acclaimed Documentary Film Begins Theatrical Debut on October 28th
at the Cinepolis Chelsea Theater in New York City --
October 13, 2016 -- The award-winning documentary feature film A Billion Lives is launching its worldwide theatrical release on Friday, October 28, 2016, with a one-week limited engagement playing in New York City at the Cinépolis Chelsea until November 4th. To kick off this special engagement, members of the media and concerned thought leaders are invited to join award-winning Director Aaron Biebert for an exclusive screening and panel discussion.
The World Health Organization (WHO) estimates that a billion lives will be lost this century due to smoking-related illnesses. Meanwhile, smoke-free alternatives, like e-cigarettes and vapor technology that are helping people quit smoking, are estimated to be 95% safer than smoking cigarettes, yet are being banned, restricted, and unfairly maligned as “a gateway to smoking” and “dangerous.”
Biebert, whose critically-acclaimed film is igniting a worldwide movement to save a billion lives, is hosting a panel to discuss these issues and more. The experts joining him who appear in the film include:
- Dr. Sally Satel, MD, an authority on mental health and domestic drug policies in the US. A practicing psychiatrist and lecturer at the Yale University School of Medicine, she examines political trends in medicine and has a lot to say about what is exposed in A Billion Lives.
- David Goerlitz, a retired professional model known around the world as the “Winston Man” throughout the 80’s, was the first representative of the tobacco industry to not only quit smoking, but to advocate against smoking while employed by a cigarette company.
The panel, which will begin immediately after the 8pm screening, will be moderated by Jared Meyer, a public policy expert with the Manhattan Institute and author of the recent Forbes Magazine article titled, “Government Puts Tobacco Interests Above A Billion Lives.”
Interview opportunities with Aaron Biebert, Dr. Sally Satel and David Goerlitz are available upon request.
The media is invited to attend the A Billion Lives premiere/panel discussion on Friday, October 28th at the Cinepolis Chelsea Theatre. Seating is limited so please RSVP by October 24th. For additional information, visit ABillionLives.com/New-York-City.
View the trailer at ABillionLives.com. Film screeners are available upon request.
- Supreme Jury Prize at the Melbourne Documentary Film Festival in Australia.
- Best International Documentary at the Jozi Film Festival in Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Best Director at the Melbourne Documentary Film Festival in Australia.
- The Dorn Award from the Global Forum on Nicotine.
# # #
Contact: Coterie Media
Nikki Pesusich | email@example.com | 818-788-7650
Jane Sparango | firstname.lastname@example.org | 310-339-1214
Carey Warren | email@example.com | 818-788-7650