Big Dog Ranch Rescue is getting a makeover from hit DIY show Designing Spaces airing on Lifetime television.
* * * MEDIA ALERT * * *
WHO/WHAT: Join us at Big Dog Ranch Rescue in Wellington, FL to get a behind the scenes look at an incredible makeover in progress! Home Improvement show Designing Spaces airing on Lifetime television, is thrilled to adopt Big Dog Ranch Rescue for an upcoming special as a part of their “Spaces of Hope” series. The Designing Spaces team will be making over some areas that need real attention for the ranch. Additionally they will be following a family as they go through the steps to add a four legged friend to their family in order to further educate the public on the adoption process for rescue dogs, this will be a heartwarming special not to be missed!
WHEN: MEDIA DAY – Thursday August 2nd NOON Meet Designing Spaces Host Debi Marie, some of our participants, volunteers and staff from both Big Dog Ranch Rescue and Designing Spaces.
WHERE: Big Dog Ranch located at 10948 Acme Road, Wellington FL 33414 (561)791-6466
WHY: Big Dog Ranch was chosen because of their efforts to save the lives of so many dogs as well as their overall approach to pet adoptions. As the number of dogs coming through the doors continues to rise, the shelter is in need of some important improvements. Designing Spaces is thrilled for the chance to assist this wonderful organization with the much needed improvements and redesign.
- In the pantry, the food is currently stored on pallets; The Designing Spaces team will be installing shelves for better access to the food for the volunteers on BDRR.
- Partner KENT NUTRITION is supplying a year’s worth of their By Nature Brand food for the dogs on the ranch.
- The Surgical room needs upgrades in order for operations to be performed on site. Currently the ranch has to send the animals out to other facilities. With the assistance of Apexx Veterinary Supply, the operation room will get an overhaul complete with the necessary upgrades for the veterinarians to perform surgeries on site.
- HESKA CORPORATION will be supplying their Allercept allergy assessment and treatment for the dogs who suffer with atopic dermatitis.
- VACCICHECK will be supplying test kits to help determine accurately whether a pet has been vaccinated correctly.
- The special will also follow a family through the adoption process from start to finish.
Big Dog Ranch Rescue is a 28 acre no-kill big and small dog animal shelter in Wellington FL. Like most shelters in the US, BDRR is over its current capacity; however that doesn’t stop President of BDRR, Lauree Simmons from continuing to save the lives of as many dogs as possible, many times staying up throughout the night to care for, and try and place dogs with caring foster homes. On Average they have about 300 dogs in rescue at any given time, the dogs not in the main facility are in trusted fosters across the state and closely monitored by the staff at BDRR. Big Dog Ranch Rescue hopes to double their adoption rate in the months of August, September and October to wrap around October being Adopt a Shelter Dog Month.
Designing Spaces, now in its 8th season, is the premier home improvement television show airing on the Lifetime network Thursdays and Fridays at 7:30am (ET/PT). The show inspires viewers on decorating ideas, do-it-yourself projects, and step by step home improvements to make every space count and to provide solutions to enjoy the space you live in. The “Family of Spaces” television shows include Think Green, Kids Spaces, and Designing Spaces of Hope which all provide great entertainment and solution driven programming for every member for the family. For information or to view a show visit http://www.designingspaces.tv
MEDIA CONTACTS TO RSVP: Designing Spaces: Amanda Dugan 954-691-1102 ext. 102 Big Dog Ranch: Megan Weinberger 561-310-6591