VMS & Herbals Exhibitor Show Highlights at Natural & Organic Products Europe 2011
Natural & Organic Products Europe trade show returns to London’s Olympia next weekend, on 3-4 April, with over 500 exhibitors from all around the world. From new product launches to brand innovations and packaging re-designs – the following is just a taste of what show press and 1000’s of industry buyers can expect to see at the UK’s only dedicated trade event for natural and organic products.
- New Nordic is proud to be the Scandinavian leader in herbal health products. They have a niche product range and a real commitment to the environment. They strive to develop effective products that help to solve people’s health problems. This year, New Nordic has some exciting new products available: Blue Berry Plus for vision and vitality; Melissa Dream for sleep and relaxation; and Chili Burn for weight management. See the full product range on stand 1038.
- Rainforest Foods (stand 6002W) is a manufacturer of premium organic food supplements. Its range includes superfoods from around the globe: acai berry, barley grass, chlorella, maca, maqui berry, spirulina and wheatgrass. All products are 100% pure and natural. Nearly all the range is organic and certified by the Soil Association. The products are available in powder format for mixing in smoothies, as well as tablets and capsules. The range includes convenient supplement solutions, such as: chlorella and spirulina combined capsule, barley grass and wheatgrass combined capsule and the only Soil Association certified acai berry capsule.
- Nutri Ltd is extremely pleased to announce that their flagship product, Eskimo-3, the number one choice for omega-3 fish oils in the health food market, has now been certified as a source of sustainable fish oil by the “FRIEND OF THE SEA” organisation. This means that not only is Eskimo-3 probably the purest and most stable omega-3 fish oil available, it is also one of the most environmentally friendly fish oils on the market! Come to stand 3036 to learn about the benefits of the Eskimo-3 range and the proprietary antioxidant mixture pufanox® that helps keep Eskimo-3 fresher for longer.
- Visitors to the Kiwiherb stand (4090B) in the New Zealand Pavilion will have a chance to meet Phil Rasmussen, creator of the Kiwiherb Herbal Remedies range and a highly respected New Zealand-based medical herbalist. To take the brand forward, Phytomed, the parent company of the Kiwiherb Herbal Remedies range, is actively progressing product licenses for nine of its totally natural, high potency herbal extracts and tinctures, and confirms that it will have licence applications in place by the THMPD deadline of 30 April 2011. In preparation for these changes, the Kiwiherb brand is in the process of being redesigned and visitors will have a chance to view the new packaging, and brand identity, to be rolled-out later in the year.
- Higher Nature (stand 3040) will be launching two new exciting products this year: Aeterna Gold AstaPure® Timeless Beauty, a brand new beauty supplement containing 4mg astaxanthin for youthful skin; and Aloe Gold (Orange/Papaya), a delicious new addition to the Aloe Gold range of juices. Visitors will also be able to sample the scrumptious Fruit Boost Plus (formerly Easy 3). Other products include a new range of Licensed Herbal Medicines, as well as products from the True Food and Premium Naturals ranges. Dr Mark Atkinson will be giving a Keynote seminar on ‘Abundant Energy’ at 1.45pm on Sunday 3 April and will then be on-stand signing copies of his new book, True Happiness: Your Complete Guide to Emotional Health .
- Cleanmarine Krill Oil available from Savant Distribution (stand 1018) provides a sustainable, pure and more powerful source of Omega 3 EPA and DHA than fish oils. Providing Krill Oil, which has been certified by the Marine Stewardship Council for ethical and sustainable fishing, Cleanmarine Krill Oil is sourced from the cleanest ocean – the Antarctic, and are low down in the food chain so do not contain PCBs or heavy metal pollutants. It is more bioavailable than fish oils as the Omega 3 is in Phospholipid, rather than the lesser tryglyceride form, and Krill also contain a natural preservative and powerful anti-oxidant, Astaxanthin, giving an anti-oxidant boost to consumers. An added bonus is that, unlike fish oils, there is no fishy repeat!
- HealthSpark Platinum Series is a brand new and innovative collection of high-grade food supplements being launched during Natural & Organic Products Europe. The Platinum Series has been designed to meet the growing needs of consumers, offering additional support to specific areas of the body or phases of life, to help combat the effects of modern-day living. The Platinum Series, which meets all current EU food supplement legislation requirements, offers a wide range of stylishly packaged products that can be taken on their own or in combination with Platinum Series Multivitamin and Mineral Formulation (stand 3018).
- OptiBac Probiotics – the UK’s expert probiotic and prebiotic range – is launching a new, unique premium product: For daily wellbeing EXTRA Strength. It is a high-strength (20 billion live bacteria/capsule), high-quality probiotic containing some of the world’s most extensively researched and best documented probiotic strains, including L. acidophilus NCFM®. NCFM® has been studied in more than 75 peer reviewed journals, in various areas including immunity, allergies, cholesterol, lactose digestion, diarrhoea and IBS. In the UK, it is only available in supplement form from OptiBac Probiotics! Suitable for vegans (stand 3039).
- Unicity International has produced a natural fat loss product that will change the way people go about losing weight. Bios Life Slim (distributed by Live Large , stand 4105) is a fat loss product like no other. It comes from natural sources, fibre and vitamins, and works not only to reduce body fat but also lower cholesterol. The company are so sure it will work for everyone, that they offer a money back guarantee and have scientific research to back up the claims.
- Asphalia Food Products (stand 2011) of Pontypool in the Welsh valleys, has developed an award-winning, unique new way of getting a good night’s rest. For two years running it has topped the Daily Mail ’s ‘Ten best ways of getting a good night’s sleep’. It is already stocked by over 400 independent health food stores, with more still being sought. Only one in five food supplements consumed in Britain are actually produced here. Among these, this natural supplement firm is making a dramatic impact on overseas markets, as well as getting rave testimonials within the UK. Abroad, distributors have now been appointed from Iceland to New Zealand, with others sought.
- Overcoming stubborn constipation is not easy if you want to do it naturally and without the sudden urgency you get with laxatives, which is why The Healthy Bowels Company has developed The Perfect Colon Cleanse Combination. The company have been developing natural products for bowel health for more than ten years and have used all its experience to supply the very best combination of products to help with even the most stubborn form of constipation, without any side effects or unnatural stimulation. The Healthy Bowels Company is offering all health retailers who visit stand 1013 a free product (worth £29.99) and a copy of Managing Director Peter Jackson's book on Constipation (worth £9.99).
- Tree of Life UK Limited will launch their new Exclusive Brands Portfolio at the show. Recognising that, as the UK’s largest and leading nutrition and healthy lifestyle wholesaler, Tree of Life are able to successfully secure range, volume and distribution, a selection of premium brands have chosen specifically to work more closely with the company. The Exclusive Brands Portfolio introduces brand insights, history and philosophies to the retailers and outlines the benefits that these product ranges can help bring to retail customers. Brands will be supported with strategic marketing campaigns, including advertising and sampling. Retailers visiting stand 5026 can benefit from a generous 20% discount on exclusive brand orders placed at the event.
- Learn about Schwabe’s range of Traditional Herbal Medicines ahead of the changes in legislation. From 1 May 2011 all herbal medicines must be registered under the EU Traditional Herbal Registration Scheme (THRS) and be regulated by the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for both quality and safety. Schwabe is leading the way in the registration of herbal medicines which started back in 2007 with FlexiHerb® (Devil’s Claw) for muscular and joint pain and now have 18 licensed herbal products. Savant Distribution (stand 1018) is Schwabe’s exclusive distributor to the health food trade and will be showcasing Schwabe’s range of high quality herbal medicines including Thisilyn® the first licensed Milk Thistle.
- Nu Vitality Products (stand 1012) gets health buzzing. Nu Vitality Products, distributor of the LifeMel product range, will be introducing the Next Generation of unique food supplements made by the bees. The event will mark the launch of five new and unique products to the range, including EazyMel for sleep, LadyMel for hormonal support and GastroMel for digestive support.
- G&G Vitamins are exhibiting and offering tasters of its Essential Food 'green superfood' product, as well as introducing its new Natren Lifestart 2 and repackaged Cal-M – calcium, magnesium and cider vinegar bedtime drink. All products are free of yeast, wheat, gluten, and lactose, with no added sugar; and are manufactured using a pureflo system. As well as offering its own G&G brand of high quality, pure and effective supplements, G&G recently received kosher accreditation for 73 of the G&G brand products. G&G also offer 'own label' manufacturing services throughout the UK and Europe offering runs of 30,000 capsules. Visit the G&G stand (4040D) on the HFMA pavilion.
- Leading probiotic supplement Bio-Kult will model a strong new pack design for 2011 and all Bio-Kult products will now be packaged in blister format to reduce packaging and guarantee freshness. Lizzie Hardy – Head of Marketing comments: “Our aim with refreshing the Bio-Kult packaging is to strengthen awareness and educate consumers about the benefits of probiotics. Part of this is to have an attractive brand with an extensive research programme behind it. There is a vast amount of research out there showing that probiotics are beneficial for gut health, this can be overwhelming for consumers. Our responsibility as experts in the probiotic field is to help inform and educate consumers as to how probiotics can benefit them.”
- Quest Vitamins will be featuring its new product ‘Platinum Probiotic’ and a children’s probiotics, which will be available soon, called ‘KidzBiotix’. Platinum Probiotic is now available to order and there will be samples of the chewable KidzBiotix on the stand (3021). Platinum Probiotic is a high potency probiotic providing 5 billion probiotic bacteria. It contains 6 strains of ‘friendly’ bacteria, known to support a healthy gut and digestive system (available in 60 Capsules and 120 Capsules, with prices starting from: RSP £9.95, Trade £5.55, and Case £32.52).
- Nature’s Plus UK go for GOLD! Nature’s Plus (stand 4012) will be launching its new range of children’s favourite nutrition supplement, Animal Parade GOLD. The much anticipated range includes a new tasty shake, GOLD Liquid supplement with vitamin D3, vitamin K2, prebiotics and organic Gold Standard whole foods.
- Visitors to BioCare ®’s stand (3008) could be in with a chance of winning a free VM training day for their staff, from the vastly experienced Visual Merchandising expert Rachel Dawes of White Paper Display. One UK health food store will be selected at random to benefit from a day of in-store training on visual merchandising techniques, tips and tricks. A consultation of the store as a whole will also be given. The day will focus on training selected members of the team to understand how to create the right store ambience to increase the potential of the store’s products, enhance customer experience and drive sales. Visit the BioCare® stand for your chance to be a winner!
- A. Vogel ’s Molkosan – even better for you than before! Promotes gentle daily cleansing of the digestive tract. Why not go out of your whey to meet the Molkosan Cow, and taste the new product. Enter A.Vogel’s ‘naming competition’ for the Cow and be in with the chance of winning a ‘mini’ version! Dormeasan – write a bedtime story. Three cash prizes are on offer for the best bedtime story submitted by 28 October 2011, so snooze your way to creative success. Forms available from stand 4002.
To find out more about any of the products or companies featured in this show highlights press release, visit Natural & Organic Products Europe on 3-4 April. The two-day event is free to attend for pre-registered trade visitors and relevant press representatives. To register, please visit www.naturalproducts.co.uk .
Members of relevant trade and consumer media can reserve press passes to Natural & Organic Products Europe by contacting Emma-Louise Jones at email@example.com before 5pm on Friday 1 April (please note, no press passes to the event will be issued after that time).
Media enquiries to:
Emma-Louise Jones, PR Executive
t: 44 (0)1273 645134 e: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exhibitor enquiries to:
Simon Barry, Event Director
t: 44 (0)1273 645125 e: email@example.com
Natural & Organic Products Europe is the UK's biggest trade show for the natural products, health food and organic sectors. It is the key event of the year for independent health store retailers, wholesalers and distributors, supermarket and multiple buyers, and specialist and organic shop owners looking to source the very best in natural products, and organic, biodynamic, fair trade, artisan and local food and drink.
Admission: Free to all trade visitors
Location: The Grand Hall Olympia, Kensington, London W14 8UX
Opening hours: Sunday 3 April 9.30–17.30 & Monday 4 April 9.30–17.00
Diversified Business Communications (UK) Ltd (Diversified UK) is a fast growing event organising and publishing company based in Brighton. Diversified UK publishes Natural Products – the industry’s leading trade magazine, and the Natural Beauty Yearbook. In addition to Natural & Organic Products Europe, the company also organises camexpo, the UK’s leading event for complementary and alternative healthcare, the Independent Health Store Conference, lunch!, and office*.