Eastnine: New buyback mandate 1 October until 31 December 2017
- Buybacks can be made up to NAV per share
As previously announced, the Board of Eastnine AB (publ) has decided to, under the mandate given by the AGM on 15 May 2017, carry out buybacks. As further announced on 26 September 2017, buybacks may be carried out by a bank or financial institution on the Company’s behalf as long as the Eastnine share trades at a discount to its most recently reported Net Asset Value (NAV) per share in EUR. This is an alteration of the original program carried out since May 2016, whereby buybacks could not be made at a price higher than 80% of NAV per share.
Repurchases of shares shall be carried out on Nasdaq Stockholm in accordance with the rules regarding purchase of a Company’s own shares as set out in Nasdaq Stockholm Rulebook for Issuers, for cash payment, at a per-share price within the registered price interval at any given time. Repurchases may not be performed to such an extent that the Company’s holdings at any time exceed 10 percent of all the shares in the Company. The purpose of the buyback program is to reduce the share capital of Eastnine.
During 1 October until 31 December 2017, Eastnine will conduct its repurchase program in accordance with the safe harbour provisions in the Regulation (596/2014/EU) of the European Parliament and of the Council on market abuse, and in the Commission Delegated Regulation (EU) 2016/1052 (“MAR”), which means that the repurchases are managed by a financial institution that makes discretionary trading decisions with the following restrictions:
- Repurchases of shares are to be made on Nasdaq Stockholm in accordance with the rules regarding purchase of a Company’s own shares as set out in Nasdaq Stockholm’s Rule Book for Issuers, and in accordance with MAR’s safe harbour provisions.
- Repurchases of shares shall be made at a per-share price within the registered price interval at any given time, which denotes the interval between the highest bid and the lowest ask price.
- Eastnine’s holding of its own shares may not at any time exceed 10 percent of all shares in the Company.
- Repurchases for a maximum of SEK 100m may be made during the period.
- Repurchases may not be made at a price higher than that the Company’s latest published NAV per share in EUR, translated to SEK.
- Payment for the shares is to be made in cash.
The Company’s holding of its own shares on 28 September 2017 amounted to 1,093,013. The total number of shares and votes in Eastnine amounts to 24,816,033.
The Board of Directors intends to propose to reduce the share capital in the Company by cancelling the shares repurchased under this program at an EGM, or no later than at the 2018 Annual General Meeting.
For further information, contact Lena Krauss, CFO, +46 73 988 44 66
Eastnine AB (publ) is a Swedish investment company with a net asset value of EUR 233m. The company is currently transitioning into a focused Baltic real estate company, with an aim to generate predictable cash flows by being a long-term owner of attractive commercial properties in prime locations in the Baltic capitals. Eastnine is listed on Nasdaq Stockholm, Mid Cap.
This information is information that Eastnine AB (publ) is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 15:00 p.m. CET on 29 September 2017.
 According to the SEK/EUR shown on Bloomberg as the previous day’s CLOSE