ECG Management Consultants, Inc., Welcomes Strategy Expert Maria Finarelli to Its Healthcare Strategy Practice
Washington, D.C. – February 15, 2013 – ECG Management Consultants, Inc., one of the nation’s premier healthcare management consulting firms, welcomes Maria Finarelli as a Senior Manager. With nearly 20 years of healthcare strategy consulting experience, including organization-wide strategic plans, ambulatory care strategy, mergers and affiliation planning, and service line development, Ms. Finarelli has helped academic medical centers, multihospital systems, and community hospitals respond successfully to a broad range of strategic and organizational challenges and opportunities.
Commenting on this hire, Mr. Stephen F. Messinger, Managing Partner of ECG, said, “Maria demonstrates industry-leading strategy development expertise and enhances our already deep capability in assisting academic medical centers and health systems with enterprise-wide strategic planning for the post-reform era. Our strategic planning and revenue strategy practices allow ECG to offer the most sophisticated ACO development and implementation services in the country.”
Ms. Finarelli has particular expertise in analyzing the impact of key market drivers and environmental factors, improving competitive positioning, and identifying priorities for growth. Examples of her work include:
● Assisting academic medical centers in developing joint clinical enterprise strategic plans among hospitals and clinics, faculty practice plans, and medical schools.
● Conducting market assessments to determine the feasibility of expanding market presence in new regions.
● Developing ambulatory services strategic plans that describe a shared vision and provide a road map for future growth and development.
● Facilitating discussions of multiple service line task forces to articulate a long-term vision for each and recommending 1-, 5-, and 10-year strategies to achieve them.
● Identifying short- and long-term strategic priorities and opportunities for partnerships in joint planning processes.
Prior to joining ECG, she was a Principal at a national healthcare strategy firm.
Ms. Finarelli holds a master of business administration degree from Duke University’s Fuqua School of Business and a bachelor of arts degree in American studies from Wellesley College.
About ECG Management Consultants, Inc.
ECG offers strategic, financial, operational, and technology-related consulting services to healthcare providers. As an industry leader, ECG provides specialized expertise to community and children’s hospitals, health systems, medical groups, academic medical centers, and schools of medicine. For 40 years, ECG has played an instrumental role in developing and implementing innovative and customized solutions that effectively address issues confronting healthcare providers. ECG has more than 115 forward-thinking consultants who are focused on delivering the highest-quality services to exceed our clients’ expectations. ECG’s national presence includes offices in Boston, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C.