Electrolux Consolidated Results 2016
Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2016
- Net sales amounted to SEK 32,144m (31,794).
- Sales increased by 1%. Organic sales declined by 3%, while currency translation had a positive impact of 4% on net sales.
- Operating income improved to SEK 1,616m (-202), corresponding to a margin of 5.0% (-0.6).
- Stable development across business areas.
- Good performance for Major Appliances EMEA despite severe currency headwinds.
- Significantly weaker market demand and cost measures impacted sales and earnings in Major Appliances Latin America.
- Strong operating cash flow after investments of SEK 2.6bn (1.4) in the fourth quarter.
- Income for the period improved to SEK 1,272m (-393), and earnings per share was SEK 4.43
- The Board proposes a dividend for 2016 of SEK 7.50 (6.50) per share, to be paid in two installments.
Telephone conference 09.00 CET
A telephone conference is held at 09.00 CET today, February 1. The conference will be chaired by Jonas Samuelson, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. Samuelson will be accompanied by Anna Ohlsson-Leijon, CFO.
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 8 505 564 74
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 203 364 5374
Participants in US should call +1 855 753 2230
Slide presentation for download:
Link to webcast:
For further information, please contact:
Catarina Ihre, Vice President Investor Relations, +46 (0)8 738 60 87
Merton Kaplan, Analyst Investor Relations, +46 (0)8 738 70 06
Daniel Frykholm, Electrolux Press Hotline, +46 8 657 65 07.
This information is information that AB Electrolux is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 0800 CET February 1, 2017.
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. The products include refrigerators, ovens, cookers, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2016, Electrolux had sales of SEK 121 billion and 55,000 employees. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com