Electrolux Consolidated Results 2017
Highlights of the fourth quarter of 2017
- Net sales increased to SEK 32,366m (32,144).
- Organic sales growth was 4.0%, contribution from acquisitions and divestments was 1.4% while currency translation had a negative impact of 4.7%.
- Operating income increased to SEK 1,969m (1,616), corresponding to a margin of 6.1% (5.0).
- Four business areas achieved an operating margin of more than 8%.
- Operating cash flow after investments amounted to SEK 2.1bn (2.6).
- Income for the period increased to SEK 1,930m (1,272), and earnings per share was SEK 6.72 (4.43).
- The effective tax rate of -1.3% (-2.2) was positively impacted by revaluation of deferred tax assets.
- The Board proposes a dividend for 2017 of SEK 8.30 (7.50) per share, to be paid in two installments.
Telephone conference 09.00 CET
A telephone conference is held at 09.00 CET today, January 31. The conference will be chaired by Jonas Samuelson, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. Samuelson will be accompanied by Anna Ohlsson-Leijon, CFO.
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 8 505 564 74
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 203 364 5374
Participants in US should call +1 855 753 2230
Slide presentation for download:
Link to webcast:
For further information, please contact:
Sophie Arnius, Head of Investor Relations +46 70 590 80 72
Merton Kaplan, Analyst Investor Relations, +46 (0)8 738 70 06
Daniel Frykholm, Electrolux Press Hotline, +46 8 657 65 07.
This information is information that AB Electrolux is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at 0800 CET, January 31, 2018.
Electrolux shapes living for the better by reinventing taste, care and wellbeing experiences, making life more enjoyable and sustainable for millions of people. As a leading global appliance company, we place the consumer at the heart of everything we do. Through our brands, including Electrolux, AEG, Anova, Frigidaire, Westinghouse and Zanussi, we sell more than 60 million household and professional products in more than 150 markets every year. In 2017 Electrolux had sales of SEK 122 billion and employed 56,000 people around the world. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com.