Electrolux Interim Report January-March 2016
Highlights of the first quarter of 2016
- Net sales amounted to SEK 28,114m (29,087).
- Organic sales growth was 1.8% and acquired growth was 0.1%, while currency translation had a negative impact of -5.2% on net sales.
- Improved results across most business areas.
- Strong results for Major Appliances EMEA and Professional Products.
- Continued recovery for Major Appliances North America.
- Operating income increased to SEK 1,268m (516), corresponding to a margin of 4.5% (1.8).
- Income for the period was SEK 875m (339), and earnings per share was SEK 3.04 (1.18).
Telephone conference 09.00 CET
A telephone conference is held at 09.00 CET today, April 28. The conference will be chaired by Jonas Samuelson, President and CEO of Electrolux. Mr. Samuelson will be accompanied by Anna Ohlsson-Leijon, CFO.
Details for participation by telephone are as follows:
Participants in Sweden should call +46 8 505 564 74
Participants in UK/Europe should call +44 203 364 5374
Participants in US should call +1 855 753 2230
Slide presentation for download:
Link to webcast:
For further information, please contact:
Catarina Ihre, Vice President Investor Relations at +46 (0)8 738 60 87
Merton Kaplan, Analyst Investor Relations at +46 (0)8 738 70 06
Electrolux Press Hotline, +46 8 657 65 07.
Electrolux discloses the information provided herein pursuant to the Securities Market Act and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 08.00 CET on April 28, 2016
Electrolux is a global leader in home appliances and appliances for professional use, based on deep consumer insight. We offer thoughtfully designed, innovative and sustainable solutions, developed in close collaboration with professional users. The products include refrigerators, ovens, cookers, hobs, dishwashers, washing machines, vacuum cleaners, air conditioners and small domestic appliances. Under esteemed brands including Electrolux, AEG, Zanussi, Frigidaire and Electrolux Grand Cuisine, the Group sells more than 60 million products to customers in more than 150 markets every year. In 2015, Electrolux had sales of SEK 124 billion and 58,000 employees. For more information go to www.electroluxgroup.com