Today the subscription period of ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB's Initial Public Offering begins
Today, June 8, 2016, the subscription period commences regarding ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB's (“ExpreS2ion") initial public offering before the planned listing on the Nasdaq Stockholm First North. The subscription period runs until June 22, 2016. A full subscription will raise proceeds of about 18 MSEK for ExpreS2ion, before issue costs. The company has already binding subscription commitments of approximately 7.5 MSEK and a guarantee commitment of 1 MSEK, which in total equals about 48 percent of the issue volume. Memorandum, teaser and application form (in Swedish) are available for download on ExpreS2ion’s ( www.expres2ionbio.com ) and Sedermera Fondkommissions’ ( www.sedermera.se ) respective websites.
About ExpreS 2 ion
ExpreS 2 ion has through the wholly owned Danish subsidiary ExpreS 2 ion Biotechnologies ApS created a platform technology enabling cost-effective and safe production of complex proteins, which are the active ingredient of new vaccines and thus also is an important basis for diagnostics, research and development of these new vaccines. Since 2010, the company has worked together with research institutions and biopharmaceutical companies and has used its patented ExpreS2 platform to produce more than 200 different proteins with an efficiency and success rate exceeding competing technologies. The company operates in a market currently valued at over 30 billion US dollar annually and which is growing rapidly. The business model includes both developing, producing and delivering proteins, as well as generate income through licenses to the ExpreS2 platform to research institutions and biopharmaceutical companies, which want to develop vaccines and other biological products themselves or in collaboration with the Company. Thereby, the Company receives license fees, but may also receive future royalties and milestone payments by the products developed using the ExpreS 2 platform.
Use of the Proceeds
A full subscription will provide the company with approximately 18 MSEK, before issue costs. The proceeds are primarily intended to finance increased marketing efforts and allow for an expansion of the company's operations and to maintain a high pace in the company’s development work, and thus make the company profitable in the long term. This includes the following main activities:
- Expand the company's marketing and sales activities and increase the client base of companies and research institutions in key markets in Europe, USA, South Korea and Japan ( about 25-30% of the proceeds ).
- Making specific targeted action in areas with particularly high concentrations of biopharmaceutical companies and research institutions, the so-called Biopharma Clusters ( about 25-30% of the proceeds ).
- Increase the number of partners and projects that the company is involved in ( about 25-30% of the proceeds ).
- Strengthen the company's ownership stakes in selected key projects and initiate own projects ( about 10-25% of the proceeds ).
- Further development and commercial expansion of the ExpreS2 platform.
CEO Steen Klysner comments
"The time is ripe to take ExpreS2ion to the next level and a listing on the Nasdaq Stockholm First North is the right way for the company to go. We have a highly skilled team of world-leading experts in platform technology for protein production, a well-conceived business and revenue model, and a growing customer base including biopharmaceutical companies such as F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Janssen and Novartis Pharma, as well as leading research institutions in e.g. the USA and the UK. We also have a platform that is both unique in its ability to fast, cost effectively and reliably deliver complex proteins, and has been tested and proven to be effective for several years. The technology has also paved the way for new vaccines that could not be produced with other systems. We are facing an exciting future with strong growth, and with those words I want to welcome you to become part of ExpreS2ion. "
The initial public offering (IPO) in brief
- Subscription period: 8 - 22 June.
- Subscription price: 5.90 SEK per share.
- Shares subscription: Minimum number of shares subscription is 800 shares, corresponding to 4 720 SEK.
- Number of shares before the IPO: 5 678 739 shares.
- Number of shares in the offer: The offer includes a maximum of 3 050 000 shares, i.e. approximately 18 MSEK.
- Minimum issue threshold for the IPO: The minimum threshold of the new share issue, and thus the planned IPO, is 1 610 170 shares, representing approximately 9.5 MSEK.
- Valuation: Approximately 33.5 MSEK (pre-money).
- Subscription commitments and guarantee: The company has binding subscription commitments of approximately 7.5 MSEK and a subscription guarantee of 1 MSEK, in total equivalent to about 48 percent of the issue volume.
- Listing on Nasdaq Stockholm First North: The shares of the company are scheduled to be listed on Nasdaq Stockholm First North. The first day of trading is expected to be July 27, 2016.
Prerequisite for listing
The listing on Nasdaq Stockholm First North is subject to the Nasdaq approval of the company for listing and trading, and that the minimum issue threshold for the IPO reached.
Financial Advisors and Certified Advisor
Sedermera Fondkommission is the financial advisor for ExpreS2ion in connection with the planned Initial Public Offering and listing on Nasdaq Stockholm First North . Sedermera Fondkommission is also appointed as Certified Adviser for the company.
For further information about the Initial Public Offering, please contact :
Phone: +46 (0) 431 - 47 17 00
For further information about ExpreS2ion, please contact:
Steen Klysner, CEO
Telephone: +45 2062 9908
ExpreS2ion Biotech Holding AB, with company register number 559033-3729, has through the wholly owned Danish subsidiary ExpreS2ion Biotechnologies ApS, developed a platform technology enabling cost effective and robust production of complex proteins for the development of vaccines and diagnostics for e.g. Malaria and Zika. Since foundation in 2010, the subsidiary has used its patented ExpreS2-platform to produce more than 200 proteins in collaboration with research institutions and biopharmaceutical companies, with an efficiency and success rate superior to competing technologies.