Fazer continues cooperation with EAT
Fazer continues cooperation with EAT in the sphere of food, health and sustainability.
EAT is about science, politics and business sharing food for thought. Fazer continues as a business partner of EAT, aiming to support research and share knowledge and expertise.
The EAT Foundation builds on the work of the EAT Initiative, created by the Stordalen Foundation and Stockholm Resilience Centre in 2013. Together with the Wellcome Trust they launched the EAT Foundation in March 2016 with the ambition to reform the global food system, enabling us to feed a growing global population with healthy food from a healthy planet.
“How we produce and consume food has a significant impact on the environment and on society. What we eat every day also directly influences our health and well-being”, says Fazer Group’s SVP, Communications & Branding Ulrika Romantschuk. “We continue co-operation within EAT and look for ways to develop our own actions”, Romantschuk continues.
Fazer takes action – highlights of 2015 regarding food, health and sustainability
- More vegetables on every plate
- New tasty vegetarian recipes created by Fazer’ chefs and increased amount of vegetarian dishes
- Vegetarian cookbook created for home cooks
- Nudging pilots with the result of 18 % decrease of meat consumption and 23 % increase in vegetarian dishes in Finland, 10 % increase of greens in Sweden.
- Less food waste
- 93 per cent of the total amount of waste was recycled or recycled as energy
- New waste reduction targets and plan
- Reduced climate impact and increased energy efficiency
- Reduced energy consumption by 3 per cent per produced tonne
- Increased renewable electricity use to 80 per cent
- New products launched focusing on health trends, e.g. Health Energy bread
- Progress in sourcing of cocoa, palm oil and fish
EAT Stockholm Food Forum
Each spring EAT host an annual high-level forum, EAT Stockholm Food Forum. Fazer participates in the forum taking place on June 13th – 14th 2016.This year, the forum will cover consumption and production patterns, cities, accountability, technology and innovation across the food industry.
Fazer Group’s Corporate Responsibility Review 2015
EAT Forum: www.eatforum.org
Nina Elomaa, Corporate Responsibility Director, Fazer Group, tel. +358 45 354 8611
Fazer’s media phone is open on weekdays 8:00 - 16:00, tel. +358 40 668 2998
Emails are in the form email@example.com
Fazer is an international family-owned company offering quality bakery, confectionery, biscuit and grain products as well as food and café services. Fazer operates in eight countries and exports to around 40 countries. Fazer’s mission is to create taste sensations. Fazer’s success, ever since its establishment in 1891, has been based on the best product and service quality, beloved brands, the passion of its skilful people and the Group’s responsible ways of working. This year marks Fazer’s 125th anniversary and 150 years from the birth of Karl Fazer, the founder of this successful Group. In 2015, Fazer Group had net sales of more than 1.5 billion euros and nearly 15,000 employees. Fazer’s operations comply with ethical principles that are based on the Group’s values and the UN Global Compact.
Makes the world taste good