Full-year profit, two design wins and record-breaking order
Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), corp. reg. no.: 556154-2381, (FPC)
Fourth quarter, 2011:
- Sales rose to SEK 18.6 M (18.2).
- Gross profit increased to SEK 9.7 M (9.1).
- Profit after financial items amounted to SEK 0.7 M (1.0).
- The gross margin increased to 52% (50%).
- Earnings per share amounted to SEK 0.02 (0.03).
- A resolution was adopted at an extraordinary general meeting concerning a private placement of warrants to existing personnel and newly recruited key personnel. The issue was fully subscribed.
- The swipe sensor FPC1080A put into mass production.
- Thomas Rex employed as Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing.
- FPC signed framework agreement with major mobile manufacturers.
- FPC signed ODM agreement for incorporation into platforms for mobiles and tablets.
Full-year January-December, 2011
- Sales rose to SEK 68.6 M (60.9).
- Gross profit for the full-year increased to SEK 38.7 M (30.8).
- Profit after financial items increased to SEK 3.4 M (2.0).
- The gross margin increased to 56% (51%).
- Earnings per share increased to SEK 0.08 (0.05).
- Cash and cash equivalents at the end of the year totaled SEK 23.0 M (30.8).
- The order backlog at December 31, 2011 totaled SEK 6.1 M (11.0).
Notable events at the close of the reporting period:
- Largest order ever of SEK 44 M received from HST, concerning area and swipe sensors for delivery in 2012.
- Full-year sales for 2012 are expected to be between SEK 70-90 M, with a continued strong gross margin and order bookings between SEK 100-140 M.
For further information contact:
Johan Carlström, President and CEO, Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), +46 31-607820,
Fingerprint Cards AB (publ), Box 2412, SE-403 16 GOTHENBURG, Sweden, www.fingerprints.com
Fingerprint Cards AB (FPC) is listed on Nasdaq OMX Stockholm (FING B) and has its head office in Gothenburg, Sweden. Publication pursuant to Swedish legislation: Fingerprint Cards AB (publ) discloses this information pursuant to the Securities Market Act (2007:528) and/or the Financial Instruments Trading Act (1991:980). The information was issued for publication on February 9, 2012, at. 8.00 a.m.
Issuing, publishing or distributing this press release may be subject to restrictions in certain jurisdictions. Recipients of this press release are responsible for using this press release and the information herein in accordance with applicable rules in each jurisdiction. This press release does not constitute an offer, or invitation to acquire or subscribe for new securities in Fingerprint Cards in any jurisdiction.