DIY Wedding Bouquets
With Fiskars tips and tools it’s easy to create beautiful wedding bouquets that the bride and groom will love. Below are helpful tips for creating bouquets from Fiskars designer Marty Ross and flower shop owner Kelly Acock:
- It’s advised to order twenty percent more flowers than what is expected to be used.
- Larger flowers work best for a bouquet base; fluffy hydrangea flowers are a great option.
- It’s recommended for a bride’s bouquet to be about the size of a dinner plate, while the bridesmaids’ bouquets should be about the size of a salad plate.
- Bouquets should be balanced but not symmetrical.
These easy to use, reliable and comfortable tools from Fiskars will make creating bouquets as easy as possible:
- PowerGear2™ Pruner – These pruners feature a patent-pending design with modified gears and cam mechanism that optimizes power, makes cutting through woody stems effortless.
- Softgrip® Micro-Tip® Floral Snip – These snips provide an ideal combination of cutting precision and comfort for trimming, shaping and other quick snips on small plants and bouquets.
- Amplify® Serrated Hardware Shears – These shears feature a serrated edge that helps grip slippery materials for mistake-free cutting. The shears are great for cutting ribbon to cover the stems on a bouquet.