Press Announcement: Seventh and eighth conference of Astana EXPO-2017 Future Energy Forum 8-11 August 2017
The focus of the seventh conference of the Astana EXPO-2017 Future Energy Forum "Energy For All – Challenges of the New Time" is the question of how to secure general access to sustainable and renewable energy for all societies (8-9 August 2017). International cooperation and technology transfer are among the themes to be covered, along with training and education programmes, micro-financing models and policy, and low-carbon NGO initiatives.
Among the speakers are:
- Prof George Smoot, Experimental Astrophysicist; Nobel Laureate in Physics (Nobel Prize for his work on the Cosmic Background Explorer satellite)
- Prof Nebojsa Nakicenovic, Deputy Director General and Deputy CEO of the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA); Steering Committee Member
- Prof Dr Herbert Girardet, International Consultant on Sustainable Urban Development
- Dr Salomón Chertorivski Woldenberg, Secretary of Economic Development for Mexico City, Steering Committee Member
The session "Young Leaders' Perceptions of the Challenges of the New Time" hosted by the Global Shapers Community in Astana (World Economic Forum) provides a platform for young leaders who would like to make their contribution to the sustainable development agenda.
The eighth conference "Progress in Reduction of CO2 Emission and Achieving the Energy Efficient Lifestyle" (10-11 August 2017) examines solutions for the reduction of CO2 emissions in industry and businesses, ranging from low-carbon and energy-efficient technologies to overarching, system-wide strategies. The event provides insight into industry challenges by means of case studies and presents different perspectives on innovation.
Among the speakers are:
- Andrew Winston, Founder of Winston Eco-Strategies and a globally recognized expert on green business. He advises many of the world’s leading companies on how to navigate a green future.
- Yvo de Boer, Partner, SRI Executive (Strategy). In his former role as executive secretary of the UNFCCC, he brought climate change to the highest levels of political attention and presided over the 2009 Copenhagen Accord.
- Michael A. Yulkin, Director General, EIC
- Marco Matteini, Industrial Development Officer, Energy and Climate Change Branch at UNIDO
Renowned British science journalist Quentin Cooper moderates the events, offering key findings and presenting the continual work on the Astana EXPO-2017 Manifesto of Values and Principles.
The conferences are free of charge; visit www.futureenergyforum.org to register.
The 12 Future Energy Forum conferences take place in the Astana EXPO-2017 Congress Center. They set the stage for international participation and cooperation to discuss energy as the defining issue of our time. In the press area of the Future Energy Forum website (www.futureenergyforum.org/press) you will find high-resolution pictures as well as detailed information about the conference series.
For further questions and interview requests with one of our speakers, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Astana EXPO-2017 Future Energy Forum
Building the Future. Saving the Planet.