FULL YEAR RESULTS 1 December 2000 to 30 November 2001
• Group turnover for the year amounted to SEK 46,528 M (35,876) including VAT, an increase of 30 per cent compared to last year. With comparable exchange rates, the increase was 20 per cent.
• Profit after financial items was SEK 5,734 M (4,003), an increase of 43 per cent.
• Turnover for the fourth quarter amounted to SEK 14,172 M (10,448) including VAT, an increase of 36 per cent. With comparable exchange rates, the increase was 24 per cent.
• Profit after financial items for the fourth quarter was SEK 2,356 M (1,390), an increase of 69 per cent.
• Increased market shares in all H&M countries.
• In 2002, approximately 90 new stores are planned to open. The USA continued important market for expansion. Somewhat lower expansion rate on the American market than originally planned.
• The Board of Directors proposes a dividend of SEK 1.75 (1.35) per share.
Rolf Eriksen, CEO +46-8-796 5233
Carl-Henric Enhörning +46-8-796 5410
Leif Persson +46-8-796 1300
Switchboard +46-8-796 5500
Information about H&M and press pictures are available on www.hm.com