MEDICX PHARMACY TEAM MEMBERS UNDERTAKE 800 BLOOD PRESSURE CHECKS AT ROTHERHAM SHOW
Pharmacists based at the Rotherham Community Health Centre, gave hundreds of blood pressure checks during the two-day show, provided healthy living advice and also handed out free containers as part of the Lions Club’s ‘Message in a Bottle’ scheme.
MedicX Pharmacy Rotherham was specially invited by Rotherham Lions Club to jointly host a stand at the show and talk to people about health and well-being; it was also an opportunity to inform people of MedicX Pharmacy Rotherham’s services including its free prescription collection and delivery service and extended opening hours.
MedicX Pharmacy team members also distributed ‘Message in a Bottle’ containers which are designed to hold information about people’s medicines, allergies and contact details and stored in a central location - the fridge -in the event of emergency aid.
Kat Ions, Operations Manager North for MedicX Pharmacy, said: “We had a fantastic couple of days at the Rotherham Show.
“We carried out just over 800 blood pressure checks and chatted to lots of people about their lifestyle, well-being and health. It was also a great opportunity to tell people about the Lions’ ‘Message in a Bottle’ scheme which provides a vital, time-saving link between patients and the emergency services.
“It was also a wonderful opportunity to take MedicX Pharmacy’s expertise out into the community and help people understand how we can help in many different ways, from collecting and delivering prescriptions to dealing with minor ailments and providing medicine supervision.”
Open until 10pm every day of the year including weekends and bank holidays, MedicX Pharmacy Rotherham provides traditional dispensing services, as well as free advisory, testing and screening services such as blood pressure checks, lifestyle assessments as well as medicine use reviews, smoking cessation services advice and support.
Facilities at the pharmacy include two consultation rooms, a large reception desk and a semi-private pick up point for prescriptions, where advice can be provided to patients discreetly.
MedicX Pharmacy Rotherham provides late night, weekend and bank holiday extended opening times.
Award-winning MedicX Pharmacy operates a total of 16 pharmacy practices throughout England including practices in Greater London and the South East as well as Greater Manchester, Merseyside, Lancashire and Yorkshire.
Largely situated within newly-built health centres, MedicX Pharmacy has an excellent reputation among healthcare professionals and patient communities.
Notes to Editors
- Picture Caption: Linda Curr, Dispensing Assistant from MedicX Pharmacy Rotherham providing advice at the Rotherham Show.
- MedicX Pharmacy Rotherham is located on Greasbrough Road, Rotherham, S60 1RY Tel: 01709 464 464. It is open Monday to Friday from 7.30am-10pm, Sat 8am-10pm & Sun 8.30am – 10pm.
- MedicX Pharmacy has a total of 16 pharmacy practices. The first MedicX Pharmacy opened in Chorley, Lancashire January 2009. Practices are currently located in Lytham, Lancashire; Rotherham, Yorkshire; Ossett, Yorkshire; Blackpool, Lancashire; Ashton Under Lyne, Greater Manchester; Rochdale, Greater Manchester; Bermondsey Spa, London; Apsley, Hertfordshire; Hounslow, London; Thingwall, Merseyside; Tranmere, Merseyside; Bishop Stortford, Hertfordshire; Wallington, Surrey; Coppull, Lancashire; Westbury, Wiltshire.
- MedicX Pharmacy started in 2008 under the leadership of Chief Executive Steve Jeffers and Operations Director Gavin Birchall.Steve and Gavin have both worked extensively within the pharmaceutical sector at all levels from owning and managing pharmacy practices to spearheading national pharmaceutical research, working with the NHS and Primary Care Trusts as well as working with specialist health centre developers.
- MedicX Pharmacy practices provide a wide variety of innovative and integrated pharmacy services. Many practices operate 100-hour working licences to provide late night opening hours throughout the week as well as on Bank Holidays including Christmas Day and Easter Sunday.MedicX Pharmacy works with NHS commissioners to provide a range of commissioned health care services including Medicine Use Reviews, Minor Ailment Services, Smoking Cessation Services, Weight Management Services, Specialist Dispensing Services and Influenza Vaccination Services.
- MedicX Pharmacy also provides a range of services to support patients in a better understanding of their health risks including blood pressure management, blood glucose measurement and healthier lifestyle assessment.
- Rotherham Show: The Rotherham Show is the largest free land show in the North of England and was this year staged at Clifton Park featuring family entertainment, horticultural displays, vintage vehicles, fun fair, stalls and refreshments.
- Message in a Bottle: A scheme designed to encourage people to keep their basic personal and medical details on a standard form and in a common location - the fridge. It saves the Emergency Services valuable time in helping identify special medication or allergies. It is not only a potential lifesaver, but also provides peace of mind to friends and family that prompt medical treatment can be provided and emergency contacts notified. ‘Message in a Bottle’ containers are available free of charge at various locations including doctors’ surgeries, pharmacies and post offices.
For more information about MedicX Pharmacy contact ICG PR Tel 01772 679383.Julie Hackett 07973 196 787 Denise Dawson 07980 287550 Paula Holden 0777 2268378.